$.1 motor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, $.1 motor in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I had 2 Cadillacs with the 4.1 motor a 1987 Deville and a 1987 Eldorado and I had to replace ...
    Jamescichocki is offline Cadillac Owners Member

$.1 motor

I had 2 Cadillacs with the 4.1 motor a 1987 Deville and a 1987 Eldorado and I had to replace the Cams in both of them.after that was done I never had a problem with them again.I heard some time ago that GM knew they had a problem with the 4.1 and offered current owners an upgrade or replacement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deanstud is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Arrow Re: $.1 motor

HAHAHAHAAH fruedian slip?

$.1 hahah

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Re: $.1 motor

I remember the 4.1 when it was first introduced. I was driving a 78 Coupe DeVille and did the one-time mistake of falling asleep on the interstate. After plowing through 160 feet of pine trees, the car needed to be replaced. I got an 80 model Eldorado and then decided that front wheel drive was not for me. I then got an 80 Coupe the following year and the 81 V864 the year after that.

When 82 rolled around, I went down to Cadillac to make my annual trade. Then I drove the new "improved" HT4100 with the chrome valve covers.
    I can not even express how disappointed I was

For the next 12 years I kept going back waiting for them to get it right. My 81 Fleetwood had 330,000 miles on it when I finally replaced it with my 94.

I now have 292,000 miles on my 94 and I am still waiting for Cadillac to build a suitable replacement.

cadillacjack01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: $.1 motor

I would stay away from the 4.1L engine a.k.a. "HT4100 DEFI", the V4-6-8, and the troublesome diesel. These engines were concieved after the fuel crisis of the 1970's and the desire to make big cars more fuel efficient. They were all good ideas, but failed to live up to expectations in the real-world. They delivered trouble and caused Cadillac to lose come customers. There are still "survivors" out there and people who have been successful with these engines, but I still say they are far from Cadillac's best.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.