HT4100 Check In - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, HT4100 Check In in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Yeah Cotillion White. My friends call it the Cocaine DeVille that's a good line lol....
    Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Re: HT4100 Check In

Yeah Cotillion White. My friends call it the Cocaine DeVille

that's a good line lol.

tallpat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1986 Coupe Deville

I've just finished the reapir work on the 86 Coupe Deville.
    She is riding smooth at 179,890. I replaced intake Gaskets at 154,000
    some fresh paint. She is not restored only repaired. Due to budget.
    However she runs well and everything works, I have a few more details to finish up. which is ongoing and should be done before summer is over.

Thanks for all the help I received from this site. Special thanks to Noahsdad
    for his expertise on the 4.1. I think his 4.1 is over 140,000 miles correct me if I'm wrong on that figure.

Tallpat
    Attached Images

here is what I started with for paint work

Tallpat
    Attached Images

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by tallpat View Post
    Special thanks to Noahsdad
    for his expertise on the 4.1. I think his 4.1 is over 140,000 miles correct me if I'm wrong on that figure.

Thanks for the nice words - glad I could be of some help to you. You missed a bit on the miles. Mine has just 57k, but I'm shooting for 200k!

That is one sharp CDV! For what you started with, you've brought it back to the class it deserves.

100 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan De Ville (4.9 L)

here is what I started with for paint work

Tallpat
    Hi Tallpat,

Good job! I am quite interested in how to clean the top!!! What did you do? It is pretty difficult to clean the top...

Thank you!

305Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brogham RWD

I got a 85 Fleetwood. The odometer has flipped twice...... she runs great and I dog the shit out of her. The only work I havehade to do is replace the fuel filter & fuel pump. Yeah that got me stranded Doing a resto-mod. So far I am just collecting parts for the project, but I threw some seats from a 92 fleetwood in. I really got to do something about the rust under the vinyl top. Any one know where I can Get A replacement Vinyl top?

ozzyosbourne1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood

I have a 4100 layying out in my back yard. Blown head gasket. From what i have seen of my own 4100 and what ive heard from others they are junk. A 500 now takes its place in my 83 fleetwood.

I cleaned the top with a product called spray9 you can get it at most good auto supply shops and a disinfectant as well. use a platic bristle brush and elbow grease.

Tallpat

wilsonwilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Seville

Thumbs up Re: HT4100 Check In - 173,000 miles on mine

173,000 miles on my 1987 Seville and does not use a drop of oil. I changed the oil last November and I have not had to add any! Other small problems (engine wise) but I'm sure I contributed to those "tweaking" it

wilsonwilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Seville

-TALLPAT

Sweeeeeet!

100 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan De Ville (4.9 L)

I cleaned the top with a product called spray9 you can get it at most good auto supply shops and a disinfectant as well. use a platic bristle brush and elbow grease.

Tallpat
    Hi Tallpat,

Thank you very much for your info. I will try using "Spray9" and see.

showett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 Fleetwood

IMO..
    I have a 1984 fleetwood with the 4100 currently which i purchased to replace my 94 suburban that had trans failure, i purchased this car from the original owner who could not drive anymore and with the knowledge that this engine had many problems but needed a car at a good price (and wanted a 1980's full size caddy) , I have had an 87 with the 307 and a 91 brougham with the 350, the 307 was the smoothest running but my 4100 is almost a tie, the 4100 has better off the line response than the 307 and in the 3 months i have had the 4100 i had better luck starting in the sub zero chicago winter than the 87, the 91 had much more power and was just as good in sub zero starts but just was not as smooth running, not a " real cadillac engine" but very reliable similar to the 350 in my 94 suburban which went to 200k before trans failure but still ran great. but back to the point, my 4100 burns a lot of oil and has the "thump" at idle in drive but runs great and always starts, I have had to replace the water pump and some power steering hoses and heater hoses but nothing engine wise has gone wrong (knock on wood) I personally think if a full size caddy has the 4100 at this age and still runs good there will be no more problems than any other car of the same age if it is well maintained and loved by a fellow cadillac fan like my self.

SlxAlxx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just sent my '84 Fleetwood Brougham to heaven. The oil pump was failing and the transmission gave out. For the entire day I had it and was able to drive it before it crapped out on me, it was, well, alright. It was definitely more bark than bite.

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

sorry dude

montsb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS, 1987 Sedan DeVille

Hey All. Newbie here! I owned an '86 Sedan De Ville for 5 years and really enjoyed it, although it got a new engine at 89,000 miles and trans problems at 114,XXX miles. I have pretty much decided on an '87 Sedan De Ville with 150,xxx miles on it that drives like a dream and looks beautiful for around $500.00. It is white with blue leather interior that is in great shape. Now some of you have me feeling a bit scared about it. Although, I have a friend that knows these cars pretty well (he owns an '86 Sedan De Ville with 200,000 miles) and has parts cars as well. He said it looks and drives like a winner! Should I get some of those strips to dip in the radiator from the auto store that will tell you if it has a blown head gasket? Starts up and runs good, not even the "thunk" noise I was so used to...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.