Dual Output Muffler on a 91 Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Dual Output Muffler on a 91 Deville in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have seen it done before, but i was wondering what the stock muffler connection sizes are? 2.5'? if so ...
    4.9 liters of fury is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dual Output Muffler on a 91 Deville

I have seen it done before, but i was wondering what the stock muffler connection sizes are?

2.5'?

if so i was thinking of putting a magnaflow dual output muffler, which adds some nice deep tones and sexy looks.

anybody on here have split up exhaust?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Re: Dual Output Muffler on a 91 Deville

look at my pics on the photo section, i took pics of the Edelbrock RPM series muffler that i have on my 90 deville which was also on my 1991 eldorado that fit the same and to answer the diameter it is 2.5 stock pipe input and it breaks down to 2.25 outputs on this muffler stock was 2 inch.

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you could please share what part number Edelbrock exhaust system you installed on your 1990 DeVille I would appreciate it!

Unfortunately the Edelbrock web site was no help figuring out which one is for the 1990 DeVille. Wait until I see Vic and tell him about this!

Just for grins I went to the Magnaflow site and they don't even list Cadillac! Sucky that they list Lincoln though...

HippieD9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've done it, it's for a mid 80's camero with the 305HO (I ordered for 87), but it's gotta be the HO one. It's 2 1/2 in, 2x2 1/4 out.
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMick
    If you could please share what part number Edelbrock exhaust system you installed on your 1990 DeVille I would appreciate it!

Unfortunately the Edelbrock web site was no help figuring out which one is for the 1990 DeVille. Wait until I see Vic and tell him about this!

Just for grins I went to the Magnaflow site and they don't even list Cadillac! Sucky that they list Lincoln though...
    Edelbrock part # 5519 look on summitracing.com there the cheapest, i bought mine at a autozone out here and they were alittle bit pricey.
    If you do get this muffler it's not the loudest muffler but its quiet when cruising and loud under acceleration, but not to loud in the car to make you deaf. Worth every penny. Also look at the flowmaster 80 series mufflers there about the same price but louder.

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thank you sir!

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

in the Spring, I too want to replace the exhaust on my car... cat-back... the stock piping is 2.5"...... the damn thing is soo quiet, even under hard acceleration or racing the enigne, while it is has a V8 rumble, it isn't loud, mostly the engine you hear and not the exhaust....if I put my head near the tail pipe at idel, I hear a nice deep V8 rumble... but not loud.... I was to get 2.75 or 3" piping, then a new mullfer with dual outlets... I want side pipes though, I am thinking an exit right behind each rear wheel, with a nice chrome tips on each side.... I think it'll be sweet, look cool, sound alot better, and maybe add some power....

with that muffler you were talking about... how quiet is it? I mean, it is an old school Caddy, so I don't want it to sound like a Camaro SS or anything, idel and crusing I would like semi-quiet, but I want more of a V8 rumble... the stock muffler is designed to like make the car so you don't even hear it.....

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

dude you sooo took my idea! nah jk, but thats what iam doing next week, i think. 3inch from the cat back with the tips exiting behind the rear wheels. I wana go old school 80 muscle with my car, might paint it black and get a little 1 high inch coul hood.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Well, I saw an 80's Regal and El Camino, along with a newer Silverado like that, I LOVE the way the side pipes look, adn think it would look really nice... I dunno, I have seen a few pictures with duals coming out the back, and it dosn't seem to go with the car too good....

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

yeah i love it too. And duals out the back, everyone with duals has that, around here i sware everyone goes to the same shop and gets the same tips. I found an ABS '69 Z28 style coul hood thing that you just mold on to your hood for like 44 bucks so i just might be the first 90s coupe with a coul hood. Gona make a cardbord test one first to see how it would look.

HippieD9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

LOL, you guys are great! I'm doing side pipes on my Monte, but I'm trying to be more reserved with the Caddy. The setup I've got is great (Walker SoundFX, camero 305 H.O.) Just a little bit louder, little bit of rumber at idle, real quiet in the car at normal speeds, pretty loud at WOT. I love it, it's the perfect compromise.
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    in the Spring, I too want to replace the exhaust on my car... cat-back... the stock piping is 2.5"...... the damn thing is soo quiet, even under hard acceleration or racing the enigne, while it is has a V8 rumble, it isn't loud, mostly the engine you hear and not the exhaust....if I put my head near the tail pipe at idel, I hear a nice deep V8 rumble... but not loud.... I was to get 2.75 or 3" piping, then a new mullfer with dual outlets... I want side pipes though, I am thinking an exit right behind each rear wheel, with a nice chrome tips on each side.... I think it'll be sweet, look cool, sound alot better, and maybe add some power....

with that muffler you were talking about... how quiet is it? I mean, it is an old school Caddy, so I don't want it to sound like a Camaro SS or anything, idel and crusing I would like semi-quiet, but I want more of a V8 rumble... the stock muffler is designed to like make the car so you don't even hear it.....
    well when my cars at idle the muffler has a beautiful V8 burble sound and it's sometimes alittle bit raspy but all of these camaro type mufflers are like that,anyway, if you want a nice V8 burbly at idle and a brute sounding exhaust that will echo of buildings and fences and sound great when the gears change then get this muffler, at first it will sound very loud but in a weeks time it will break in and quiet down more. It is kind of loud on the highway especially around 2000-2400 rpms which is about 70-75 MPH, also this car now has a 4.5 but this muffler was on my 4.9 Eldorado before and it was alittle bit more aggersive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.