What is the BEST MOTOR FLUSH out there? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, What is the BEST MOTOR FLUSH out there? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I think you meant to say " The guys over at the forum "Bob-Is-The-Oil-Guy" are really anal ". Those guys ...
    Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: What is the BEST MOTOR FLUSH out there?

I think you meant to say "The guys over at the forum "Bob-Is-The-Oil-Guy" are really anal". Those guys inject motor oil in their veins. Engine flushes are a waste of time and money.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

^^^ Truth - If you ever get into BITOG, you need to go in with an open mind because the sheer amount of plain BS and ignorance is appalling. (Now if I were a snake oil pitchman I would start a BITOG membership and make a LOT of money based solely on P.T. Barnum's famous quote - "There's a sucker born every minute !") I can mix up batches of mineral paint thinner and light oil for pennies and sell it (with green dye) for a small fortune: "Engine Squeeky" - The finest engine flush on earth !!! (along with the words "can", "may", "might", "could" and "should" in the instructions.) "Independent testing has shown (done by Bubba up the road) that Engine Squeeky can give you better fuel mileage, a cleaner engine, lowered anal temperatures, longer tire life, better handling, less dental cavities, lower electric bills and might result in your next tax check being lower. Guaranteed"

Remove your oil filler cap and shine a good flashlight down in there. Do you see anything that would make you run paint thinner through your engine ? (If you do, then your personal vehicle maintenance procedures stink.)
    Sevillian273 and Sevillian273 like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah i have a feeling that BITOG is infested with reps from all sorts of companies pretending to be regular shmo's
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Chris, You're in the automotive parts business. I have no doubt that the average parts/accessory buyer is a pretty good car owner/operator - BUT you occasionally get those whose ideas about car maintenance come straight from another galaxy. I spent a right fair amount of time working in both parts departments and as a runner. It's probably the same in 2012 as it was in 1957.

If someone needs to use an engine flush solution they have much greater problems than just a "dirty engine". In the OP's posts he says that when he bought the car the oil was tar black. THAT alone was sufficient warning to walk - engine oil that is anything other than clear amber or a lighter shade is perfect evidence of lousy maintenance - and not just for oil changes, either. Knocks, clicks, whirrs and bangs won't be cured with snake oil: excessive mechanical wear has already started and it's engine overhaul time.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'm totally with ya ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

caddeville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi

Well it's been awhile.....that caddy turned out to be....y'all ready? #1 cam bearing popped out and dangled on the cam. Anyways I drive a 91' deville now, this is a really old thread

My 4.9 has 170,000 miles...every oil change I have a hard time seeing the oil on the stick because it's so clean.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

That's a GOOD thing!! On the clean oil anyway. Thanks for reporting back on what you found wrong on that old car over 6 years ago, cam bearing. Is that the only thing you found wrong? The oil flow goes to the top and a cam bearing would drastically drop the oil pressure. I've only seen that on a certain model Cummins engine many years ago, and it fried the top end.

Yeah i had autometer guages in that car, oil pressure was 5psi lower than it should've been. I puilled engine out of that POS, bought new cam bearings just for the one, installed new cam bearing, new lifters, all gaskets but the heads and re-assembled her, ran perfect, smooth power, really not bad at all. 4.9 on the other hand.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.