Cadillac Owners Forum banner
837 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Stoneage_Caddy 
#1 ·
My old 91 Deville broke down the other day, seems the bracket/brace that held part of the trans cooler rubbed through the line, causing a leak that became a stranding problem rather quickly.

Just take a look and see. It is a u groove bracket that holds the line under the car.

Likely most cars with 4T60/4T60E trans are affected.

#2 ·
N0DIH said:
My old 91 Deville broke down the other day, seems the bracket/brace that held part of the trans cooler rubbed through the line, causing a leak that became a stranding problem rather quickly.

Just take a look and see. It is a u groove bracket that holds the line under the car.

Likely most cars with 4T60/4T60E trans are affected.
The line itself must have been ready to go... I am going to change all the tranny lines and hoses first thing in the spring. They look scary.

#3 ·
The new owner said it was definately a wear through, not rusted. He was wondering if there was supposed to be a rubber insulator there. I don't know, as I don't have a car to look at anymore!

Anyone poke your head under and see?

#4 ·
N0DIH said:
The new owner said it was definately a wear through, not rusted. He was wondering if there was supposed to be a rubber insulator there. I don't know, as I don't have a car to look at anymore!

Anyone poke your head under and see?
yes mine has rubber insulators .....been there done that , one of the many things left missing by my tranny guy ....he had a hard time understand the idea that what comes off must go back on ...tranny and oil cooler lines boath were missing there brackets

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.