1985 eldorado 4100 intake manifold gaskets install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 1985 eldorado 4100 intake manifold gaskets install in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi I have a 1985 Eldorado and noticed last oil change the oil was cloudy looks like choc milk. I ...
    FREDFLYPOGGER is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1985 eldorado 4100 intake manifold gaskets install

Hi

I have a 1985 Eldorado and noticed last oil change the oil was cloudy looks like choc milk. I know that means antifreeze is in the oil. The car had a repalcement block installed about 7 yrs ago(previous owner) GM part
    12364778. I am assuming the oil is coming from the intake manifold gaskets.??? I have the valve covers off and it looks like you have to remove the rocker arms. How is the manifold going to come off with the pushrods in the way? I have the 83 service manual so I am buying a used 85 service manual, proabably the same info but i want to be sure. Help suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks
    todd

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

omston is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Seville

Re: 1985 eldorado 4100 intake manifold gaskets install

You have to take the rockers off and pull the push rods out. Also you will need to pull the distributor and while your in there pull out the lifters but keep them and the pushrods in order so you can place them back where they came from very important to do this . Visually inspect the cam lobes by turning engine over by hand often the lobes will be flattened out a good indicator will be the lifters if its dished that lobe is probably bad.

FREDFLYPOGGER is offline Cadillac Owners Member

looks like it's not necessary to remove springs. i did find Intake Manifold Gasket Kit 03634742 ,this is a fix taht gm put out a while back
    thanks
    todd

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

In case you haven't done this yet - DONT TOUCH the rocker fasteners themselves. Rather, remove the whole support bar they are attached to. The rocker fasteners are self-tappers. Once removed, strength will not be restored on re-installation.

omston is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Seville

Yeah thats what i meant remove the whole rocker assembly not each one individually. When i did mine i just used napa gaskets it said they were superior for bi metal applications. I'm sure the quality has improved in 30 years. When you pull the distributor take reference pictures of the rotor in relationship to something on the car or mark the intake in relationship to it before you pull it. Also if the connection tube between thermostat housing and intake is stock its almost impossible to remove it with out breaking it . I got lucky and found a replacement on line.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.