HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Installing a Cadillac 4.9 in a 1985 Eldorado. in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Hello all! I am new to this, so please bear with me. My current venture is to transplant a 1991 ...
- 08-07-14 02:13 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1984 Eldo Biarritz, 1985 Eldo Biarritz, 1992 Fleet De Elegan
- Join Date
- Aug 2014
Installing a Cadillac 4.9 in a 1985 Eldorado.
I am new to this, so please bear with me.
My current venture is to transplant a 1991 Fleetwood FWD 4.9 engine into a 1985 Eldorado Biarritz. That engine produced over 26 mpg in the Fleetwood.
1. The motor mounts from the 4100 bolt on to the 4.9.
2. By modifying the AC compressor mount the compressor bolts right on.
3. The exhaust manifolds will bolt right on, no modification needed.
4. I have been in touch with a fabricator of torque converters, who believes
they can make a converter that will bolt to the 4.9 ring gear, and the
TH325-4L Transmission. I need to furnish them with adapter plate dimentions.
5. My son and I are working on fabricating the engine to TH3225-4L adapter plate.
If anyone has interist in this conversion, please let me know.
I need to discuss the electronics with someone. I believe that with some
modification all of the electronics will function normally!
Thanks for your interist,
- 08-20-14 08:49 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): none
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
Re: Installing a Cadillac 4.9 in a 1985 Eldorado.
good luck very interesting i wonder if the the humpback seville is a good canidate
good luck very interesting i wonder if the the humpback seville is a good canidate check the wiring harness diagrams for both the transplanted engine and the old one if they dont match up switch em lookin for my own eldo but a 92 with the 4.9 love the allante intake but you lose power but it looks good.ranting again anyways good luck keep posts up.