Exhaust/Tailpipe Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Exhaust/Tailpipe Question in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I frequently see FWD 1989-1993 Cadillacs ("C" Body) with dual exhaust tips sticking out the back, one on each side. ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Exhaust/Tailpipe Question

I frequently see FWD 1989-1993 Cadillacs ("C" Body) with dual exhaust tips sticking out the back, one on each side.

To the best of my knowledge, none of these cars ever had dual exhausts or dual exhaust outlets. What's up with that!!??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    well, alot of poeple get dual pipes on there cars, and with the 89-93 fwd devilles you can do it sooo easy. Just get a muffler for an Fbody car and put it on. the mufflers on Fbodies are like this....
    <--|'''''''''|-->
    -->|.....|

thats kinda crappy but you get the idea, one in, two out.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    really? it is an easy setup?

Next year I'd like an exhaust system put on (well, aftermarket) I don't know if I should go cat-back or just muffler and tips..... I know stock piping is 2.5", I was thinking of getting a high-flow cat, but not sure if it's worth it, I was gonna get a Flow Master 40 series (I think) and run dual tips, one on each side....... didn't know if it woudl look good or not....

....should I go cat-back or not?

You said get a muffler from an F-body? what year? and there is only 1 muffler? it would be a pretty easy install? if that is all I did, would I notice any power increase? how about sound?

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    well you could get a high flow on from Edelbrock, should sound deeper and give you a little more power. i put a flowmaster in place of my stock and i got a little increase in seat of pants power.

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Exhaust/Tailpipe Question

Quote Originally Posted by DeVillish
    well you could get a high flow on from Edelbrock, should sound deeper and give you a little more power. i put a flowmaster in place of my stock and i got a little increase in seat of pants power.
    Exhaust is the most interesting of jobs for me b/c of how i did it on my blazer. I went to pepboys and bought about 150 - 250 in pipes, clamps and other stuff. Bought 2 flowmasters.

Took it all home and just started fitting parts in hanging it up. Left over stuff i returned. I plan on doing the same with the caddy in the spring

vanaisa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): `65 DeVille Convertible´67 Eldorado,´02 DHS

Re: Exhaust/Tailpipe Question

Here is little better picture (well, its 67 Eldo, so in 89-93 cars its kind of "reversed" - one pipe in and two out).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.