Finally summers here, first problem..brakes stuck
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Finally summers here, first problem..brakes stuck in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey to everyone, havent been here in a long time, school takes up too much time.. well, last day of ...
    Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Exclamation Finally summers here, first problem..brakes stuck

Hey to everyone, havent been here in a long time, school takes up too much time..

well, last day of school i noticed HORRIBLE gas mileage, then i smelled something and saw smoke...couldnt find a problem in the engine...

later that day leaving school noticed...NO BRAKES!!!

damn calipers locked up on me.

so yesterday and today I completely replaced (rotors,calipers,shoes,cylinders,pads) bleed the brakes like crazy and put her back on the road...

well, the left one is still not releasing and im sorta pissed after all that work, because that was the problem one to begin with...im assuming its the break hose and thats the next thing to replace, everything else is working great except that caliper...it doesnt release and the flow isnt the best of the bunch.

Worst part of the whole situation is that on thrusday when it first overheated it ended up getting so hot, that my rims clear coat completly turned yellow and now im stuck with 3 nice rims and one yellow one.....im depressed to say the least....i noticed in the service manual that I can strip it and recoat it....i may try that over the summer now...arg..

hopefully now that summer has started ill get another 1000 posts this year .lmao

oh yea...this should be in deville section....but now i realize im working in the engine area...lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adalla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Finally summers here, first problem..brakes stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Hey to everyone, havent been here in a long time, school takes up too much time..

well, last day of school i noticed HORRIBLE gas mileage, then i smelled something and saw smoke...couldnt find a problem in the engine...

later that day leaving school noticed...NO BRAKES!!!

damn calipers locked up on me.

so yesterday and today I completely replaced (rotors,calipers,shoes,cylinders,pads) bleed the brakes like crazy and put her back on the road...

well, the left one is still not releasing and im sorta pissed after all that work, because that was the problem one to begin with...im assuming its the break hose and thats the next thing to replace, everything else is working great except that caliper...it doesnt release and the flow isnt the best of the bunch.

Worst part of the whole situation is that on thrusday when it first overheated it ended up getting so hot, that my rims clear coat completly turned yellow and now im stuck with 3 nice rims and one yellow one.....im depressed to say the least....i noticed in the service manual that I can strip it and recoat it....i may try that over the summer now...arg..

hopefully now that summer has started ill get another 1000 posts this year .lmao

oh yea...this should be in deville section....but now i realize im working in the engine area...lol
    Something maybe wrong with hydraulic modulator of the ABS system. You can take off the related brake line from th emodulator to make sure you get right flow from there. Mine did not provide any flow to one of rear brakes.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Re: Finally summers here, first problem..brakes stuck

yea i posted my final results in the Deville section, but in the end..its was the metal brake pipe and hose to the left front, they were clogged severly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.