rumble in the 'ville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, rumble in the 'ville in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey guys, Yep, the '89 DeVille again. It's a sedan if that makes a difference. It has the 4.5. It ...
    cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

rumble in the 'ville

Hey guys,

Yep, the '89 DeVille again. It's a sedan if that makes a difference. It has the 4.5. It makes a pretty nice tone as is. Obviously, I want more of the glorious V8 sound. Nothing rediculous, but I want more. My plan was to do this: get a high flow catalytic converter, chambered tubing, some sort of aftermarket muffler (Flowmaster style) and split the end pipes to make a dual exhaust. I don't want a Camaro SS style where it comes straight out, but more of a Buick Regal GN or a Mustang GT 5.0 where it either peeks from behind the rear wheels (GN) or it comes straight off the back but tips down to hide behind the rear bumper (5.0). I'd like an assertive idle, nice cruising speed, and a much more ferocious wide open throttle. Under WOT the 4.5 sounds like my old 2.2...lol. weeeeeee. It's odd. I'd even get some new headers too...but I doubt anyone makes anything major for the strangely made 4.5/4.9. however, definately correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: rumble in the 'ville

I forgot to put my question...lol.

What sort of exhaust fits my description? Are there any pre-made systems or must I custom fab one?

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

It would most likely have to be a custom setup.

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

i know what you mean when you mention the 5.0 exhaust...looks very nice. i guess to get that look you could just go on ebay and buy the exhaust tips for the mustang. iirc they are a little on the expensive side as far as a little piece of steel is concerned.

the muffler itself youve got a zillion options.

Yeah, I want to get all new components. I doubt anyone makes headers for the aluminum 4's...but oh well. As for the tips, yeah, OEM ones are damn expensive. Ones for my dads 04 Monte SS were 40 bucks each. lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.