Dangers of flsuhing HT4100 with motor Flush and Supertech oil.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Dangers of flsuhing HT4100 with motor Flush and Supertech oil. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Since it's raining and I can't change the oil for the first time since owning it, I thought I'd let ...
    SolidGoldsteen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dangers of flsuhing HT4100 with motor Flush and Supertech oil.

Since it's raining and I can't change the oil for the first time since owning it, I thought I'd let the question sit up here for a couple while I wait for it to stop raining.

I was planning on flushing the motor (~40K) with Gunk brand (gray bottle) motor flush and SuperTech oil, with a PurolatorONE oil filter...

My main concern is knocking loose any particles that could damage the engine while it's flushing. Also, I could add some ATF to the mix if that would help... My frined tops off his eninge (1969 BMW 2002) with ATF.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FRANKO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Seville, 1979 Seville, 1979 Seville diesel, 1980 Eldo

Re: Dangers of flsuhing HT4100 with motor Flush and Supertech oil.

Stick with changing the oil every 500 miles for a few sessions. Your detergent oil will do the job. FRAM is the best oil filter, in my opinion.

FRANKO

Franko, thanks alot for the tips, and for writing, but I don't know if I can take advice seriously from a guy who regards FRAM as the best filter

Highly-fequent oil changes with some ATF does make sense, though... I wouldn't use SuperTech for driving, I just buy it for flushing because it's $4.88/5 liters.

leftoverture is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think you've got to be careful what you put in these engines, maybe Bbob will reply with solid advice. I just change my oil regularly and use the Delo or Rotella 15W/40 like has been recommended here. My 83 has 115,500 miles and still running strong.
    And I use Fram filters, too. . .

FRANKO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Seville, 1979 Seville, 1979 Seville diesel, 1980 Eldo

Seriously or NOT, Consumer Reports did a study on oil filters several years back...FRAM came out #1.

FRANKO

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Forget flushing or cleaning your engine or putting anyting but high quality oil in it.

There is simply no reason to flush the thing. Run clean oil in it and let the oil clean it out...if it needs cleaning...which it probably doesn't.

The best thing to do is to simply change the oil on shedule and leave it alone. ATF was NOT meant for an engine crankcase. There is no reason to put it in the engine. Don't do it.

Have you taken off the oil fill cap and looked inside the valve cover to see what it looks like inside..?? Chances are it is nice and clean and perfectly fine. I light golden color from the oil over the years is normal and doesn't hurt a thing and should not be cleaned or flushed away. It is harmless to have the light "varnish" on parts as it does not form in moving part interface so it doesn't hurt a thing. Leave it alone.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I'd stay away from using a flush. Even if the engine does have a decent amount of sludge inside, it's much safer to slowly remove the deposits rather than risk large amounts restricting the flow of oil by clogging the pick-up.

Wow, OK. I am glad it was raining and I asked...

That's fine, I'll strip them dry of my favorite High Performance Disel oil and take back the SuperTech and Flush.

Are there any recommended detergents for removing sludge? I don't know if there is much, but this guy used the oil change places, and so did the guy who I bought my BMW from. They both have the same mioleage roughly, so I'm assuming it has the nasty brown film on the internals, as my Beemer does.

Thanks guys,
    CT

Returned the SuperTech and Engine Flush!

Now I need to find out who carries ACDelco filters. I bought Purolator (2 regular and one PureONE) I think I'll go through the 2 cheapies with the 500 mile changes... Shit, I must look like a ****ing moron.

For my beemer I only ordered OEM!!

Some pics I took today while I was out. Finally get to enjoy the roads after the cleansing of the rain.

http://216.93.207.213:8080/incoming/...y1_5-10-05.JPG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.