4.1 wiring from distributor to plugs HELP ASAP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 4.1 wiring from distributor to plugs HELP ASAP in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; can anybody quickly give me a drawing description or whatever of where each wire goes off from the distributor and ...
    _slash_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

4.1 wiring from distributor to plugs HELP ASAP

can anybody quickly give me a drawing description or whatever of where each wire goes off from the distributor and to the spark plug it corresponds with. i was being careful changing them and some how i still managed to confuse myself as to the order they went in and where they plug onto the distributor cap. its for an 83 eldo if it matters.

thanks to anybody who can help me, im desperate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Catillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): (2) 1982 Seville Elegantes& (1) 1980 Eldorado Biarritz

Re: 4.1 wiring from distributor to plugs HELP ASAP

Hey Slash, do you have the 4.1 V-8 or 4.1 V-6? I've got the wiring diagram for the V-8 -- if it is the V-8 I'll go get my manual.

Catillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): (2) 1982 Seville Elegantes& (1) 1980 Eldorado Biarritz

This wiring configuration is good for the 4.1 V-8 (250 cid) & the 4.5 V-8 (273 cid).
    Engine firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. Distributor rotation: counterclockwise. Looking at the engine from the front, the left bank from front to back is 2-4-6-8 and the right bank from front to back is 1-3-5-7. Hope this helps you!:d

_slash_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks for the reply, but i already found the answer myself. it only took a call to a mechanic .

my new distributor cap/rotor and ignition cables are working excellently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.