does ECU prevent engine braking - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, does ECU prevent engine braking in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; bbob I was refuring to E55. With bad eye sight and a poor memory its a wonder I get anything ...
    CAPTJACK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: does ECU prevent engine braking

bbob I was refuring to E55. With bad eye sight and a poor memory its a wonder I get anything right. All is working good now but now I have stalling problems at startup I have to hold the throtle open a little untill warm up. Is this because of the Idle stop screw beeing backed out too far.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTJACK
    bbob I was refuring to E55. With bad eye sight and a poor memory its a wonder I get anything right. All is working good now but now I have stalling problems at startup I have to hold the throtle open a little untill warm up. Is this because of the Idle stop screw beeing backed out too far.

At your last post the TPS was not set correctly and the closed throttle switch was not making the indicator light come on unless you tapped the throttle......

Have you set the TPS to .5 volts when the throttle body is in the closed bore position and is the closed throttle switch working each and every time you take your foot off the throttle..?? If not, then all is not right..... With an improperly adjusted TPS and/or the closed throttle switch not working correctly the system is lost and will have cold start up problems among other things...

CAPTJACK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

bbob I want to thank you very much I dont know who you are but you sure know cadillac's this thing za purin like a singer soen machine. My first cadillac 110000 mi and tight as a drum I dont know what all this talk about the 4.5L too small for all that iron but this 89 Fleetwood is definatly Fleet a Foot. The owner was worried about the price of gas But im getin 18 in town and 24 on the road For $2500 I dont know what he's thinken but he will spend $20000 to get 35MPG Ill sell my honda for $8000 and buy a lot of gas and a trip to Jamaca. And if I ever run into the previous owner I hope for his sake its not with this "1989 FWD Cadillac Fleetwood" I love this car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.