HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 4.9L Oil Consumption in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Originally Posted by Tailfin Maybe a happy medium here...like 15w-40? That's too viscous at operating temp....
- 12-22-13 09:43 PM #16Originally Posted by Tailfin
- 01-15-14 12:46 PM #17
Re: 4.9L Oil Consumption
Anyway, back on topic... '91 STS (almost 94K) goes through about a quart every 600-800 miles and I've seen black smoke in the rearview mirror occasionally when I give it the beans. '92 Fleetwood (114K) has needed nothing between changes. 5w30 during winter and 10w30 during the summer.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Meguiar's - Trim Restorer
Trim Restorer - Ultimate Trim RestorerMore on Meguiar's - Trim Restorer
- Mechanix Wear Original - Original Multicam Glove
Original Multicam Glove - Original Series Glove X Large Multicam
- Signature Products Group Mossy Oak - Universal Seat Cover
Universal Seat Cover - Universal