Seville 4.1L V8 Engine - to South Africa
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Seville 4.1L V8 Engine - to South Africa in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi Guys I am brand new on this Forum and hopefully someone can help me out here. I bought a ...
    Rodeo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville

Seville 4.1L V8 Engine - to South Africa

Hi Guys

I am brand new on this Forum and hopefully someone can help me out here.
    I bought a 1986 Cadillac Seville 4.1V8 FWD here in south africa but the engine is busted and they quoted me around R50 000 (4848.40 USD) to replace the parts to repair the motor.

Is there anyone who i can contact who can help me out with a used engine to import to South Africa, i am pretty sure it will cost alot less to import an engine rather to repair the one i have.

Its a beautiful car and its something you dont see every day in our country

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Seville 4.1L V8 Engine - to South Africa

Rodeo, Welcome Aboard !!!!

I copied your request to the Engines, 4.1 forum also. Good luck !! I'll bet shipping is going to be the expense in this case, not the engine.

Be very, very careful when making online transactions.

Here in the U.S., Jasper Engines is a very large re-manufacturer. www.jasperengines.com

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    Post edited. stoveguyy, Please contact me via PM. Thanks. Sub.

aeronca36606 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado

Hello

I bought a surplus rebuilt Cadillac 4.1L from a company in New Jersey 2 and a half years ago. He had several of these engines at the time. They where surplus from an engine re builder in Pennsylvania that went out of business. I think i paid somewhere near $450 for it. He may still have one in inventory as there was one buried in a lot of other surplus in his warehouse. Obviously these do not have any warranty but mine has served me well for the last 2 years. It was still packed in the original crate with the gaskets included. Here is a link to there web site. http://www.shopjfi.com/ My be worth a call.

ht4100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 88 Eldorado Biarritz, 92 Allante, 93 Seville 4.9L

www.car-part.com searches all the salvage yards in the U.S., Let's see some pictures of that beauty! I drove an 86 Seville for 6 years, loved that car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.