Help!! 95 Deville Fuel Inj Test
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Help!! 95 Deville Fuel Inj Test in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Lets start a new thread on this subject huh? We have talked about my 4.9 having a rough idle in ...
    ga_caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Help!! 95 Deville Fuel Inj Test

Lets start a new thread on this subject huh? We have talked about my 4.9 having a rough idle in the DeVille Section under :94 DeVille Idles Rough" and a little more in the Pushrod section under " Car Problems".

Anyway, to do a short recap.....

Idles rough w/out a/c on, in and out of gear, smooths out when load is applied. The TB has been cleaned, EGR replaced and passages cleaned, vac lines replaced, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, PCV Valve, air and fuel filter.

I have done the power balance test, it passed. Today I did the Injector Flow, fuel Pressure and OHM's test. This is what I got. (Oh yeah...When I tossed the FP Tester in the car on the way home she was idling just smooth as the day she was new. Too bad it didn't last too long.)

KOEO: Fuel Press 40 PSI

Pressure drop each inj:

1. 22#
    2. 22#
    3. 22#
    4. 20#
    5. 20#
    6. 22#
    7. 22#
    8. 20#

OHMs Test

1. 12.8
    2. 13.1
    3. 12.7
    4. 12.8
    5. 12.6
    6. 12.7
    7. 12.6
    8. 12.9

Now the questions are......
    1. The manual says: "Replace injector(s) that had a pressure drop not within 2psi of each other." ...would this cause it, or is this really acceptable?

2. OHMS Test. Manual says 8-25 OHMS. To me that is a pretty broad range. The only two I question are Injs 2 and 8. The rest seem to be within each other +/- one tenth. What do you think?

3. The next test is a Voltage Drop test which requires Essential tool J-39021. I don't have this tool and don't know what it does. But they want me to see if any Inj has a voltage drop of more than 9.5 volts and replace those Injs.

So now what do I do? I'll appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Help!! 95 Deville Fuel Inj Test

Quote Originally Posted by ga_caddy
    Lets start a new thread on this subject huh? We have talked about my 4.9 having a rough idle in the DeVille Section under :94 DeVille Idles Rough" and a little more in the Pushrod section under " Car Problems".

Anyway, to do a short recap.....

Idles rough w/out a/c on, in and out of gear, smooths out when load is applied. The TB has been cleaned, EGR replaced and passages cleaned, vac lines replaced, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, PCV Valve, air and fuel filter.

I have done the power balance test, it passed. Today I did the Injector Flow, fuel Pressure and OHM's test. This is what I got. (Oh yeah...When I tossed the FP Tester in the car on the way home she was idling just smooth as the day she was new. Too bad it didn't last too long.)

KOEO: Fuel Press 40 PSI

Pressure drop each inj:

1. 22#
    2. 22#
    3. 22#
    4. 20#
    5. 20#
    6. 22#
    7. 22#
    8. 20#

OHMs Test

1. 12.8
    2. 13.1
    3. 12.7
    4. 12.8
    5. 12.6
    6. 12.7
    7. 12.6
    8. 12.9

Now the questions are......
    1. The manual says: "Replace injector(s) that had a pressure drop not within 2psi of each other." ...would this cause it, or is this really acceptable?

2. OHMS Test. Manual says 8-25 OHMS. To me that is a pretty broad range. The only two I question are Injs 2 and 8. The rest seem to be within each other +/- one tenth. What do you think?

3. The next test is a Voltage Drop test which requires Essential tool J-39021. I don't have this tool and don't know what it does. But they want me to see if any Inj has a voltage drop of more than 9.5 volts and replace those Injs.

So now what do I do? I'll appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
    Jason
    All the test done look good, volt. drop I dont think you need to do. Common problem with these that no one will think about that I see often is a broken frt. motor mount and/ or trans. mount. You will not believe how rough some 4.9s get with this condotion. It something to look at. Net diag. is very diff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.