Waterpmp AGAIN! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Waterpmp AGAIN! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Here I fixed it for you....
    BigCadMan_1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

Re: Waterpmp AGAIN!

Here I fixed it for you.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCadMan_1
    Here I fixed it for you.

so it's the URL one? And I assume just posting it directly? K thanks.

----------

more good news! The valve cover smoked again and smelled of burnt oil. Took 2 days just like the last time! The mechanic is off work recovering from his burns until Tuesday and if it smokes again I'll have to go back!

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

What a beautiful car! It's too bad you have to pay these bozos to screw it up for you. Letting gas spray on hot manifolds sounds like pure stupidity to me. I would not be a pleasant customer when I heard about that. They sound so stupid I wouldn't even trust them to clean the engine compartment. That would be a bummer if you have t take it back.

If you could get it on a lift for a few minutes (maybe an oil change?) you might have better luck than the dealer at finding that leak. It could be the front of the intake manifold leaking and the air movement blows it around the back of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac_al
    What a beautiful car! It's too bad you have to pay these bozos to screw it up for you. Letting gas spray on hot manifolds sounds like pure stupidity to me. I would not be a pleasant customer when I heard about that. They sound so stupid I wouldn't even trust them to clean the engine compartment. That would be a bummer if you have t take it back.

If you could get it on a lift for a few minutes (maybe an oil change?) you might have better luck than the dealer at finding that leak. It could be the front of the intake manifold leaking and the air movement blows it around the back of the engine.
    I'll definitely mention that to them since they thought it was the valve cover. It's frustrating, just when you think it's fixed it's busted again.

BigCadMan_1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

As nice as these Cadillac's are you have to have deep pockets or know how to fix old cars yourself if you want to keep them on the road full time. I'm sorry your having such a hard time with your dealer, if it was me by the thrid time I was back for the samething they would have to call the cops because I surely would have lost my $-hit by then!!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    so it's the URL one? And I assume just posting it directly? K thanks.
    Yup, just like this:

testing

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BigCadMan_1
    As nice as these Cadillac's are you have to have deep pockets or know how to fix old cars yourself if you want to keep them on the road full time. I'm sorry your having such a hard time with your dealer, if it was me by the thrid time I was back for the samething they would have to call the cops because I surely would have lost my $-hit by then!!

----------

Yup, just like this:
    thanks dude!! got it!

going back tomorrow as the dealership wanted to check to see if I am still having a burning oil smell after 1 month and I am. I don't know if the flame retardant they had to spray on the engine for the fire would still smell after that long, you would think it'd be burned off by now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.