hello gentlemen
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, hello gentlemen in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Have a couple of Q's.. my 82 eldorado has a new fuel pump and no pressure reading at the fuel ...
    WWlll is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hello gentlemen

Have a couple of Q's.. my 82 eldorado has a new fuel pump and no pressure reading at the fuel gauge pressure check...I removed the supply line there was fuel flow,i removed the return line there was fuel..I then did what's called the dead head test,which the return fuel line is removed and the throttle body is plugged,I activated the fuel pump and watched the fuel pressure gauge'''again no pressure''' the fuel pressure gauge is working fine..does this eldorado run with an in tank fuel pump or does it have two,one on the frame

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: hello gentlemen

One in the tank only. You are aware that the fuel pump gets a signal from the oil pressure sender to activate the pump only if oil pressure is seen. Check the oil pressure sender connections, they can be damaged by exhaust heat over time. Its just above the oil filter. And...... your thread title should say what your problem is, not "hello gentleman" Proper thread titles help others do a search to fix their cars. And please post year and type of car you own in your signature.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.