Poor mpg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Poor mpg in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My STS has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, remanned bosch 3 injectors, o2 sensors, ECM, fuel filter, timing is set ...
    Crudsturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville STS & 1991 Sedan Deville

Poor mpg

My STS has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, remanned bosch 3 injectors, o2 sensors, ECM, fuel filter, timing is set dead on 10 degrees BTDC, and EGR tubes are 100% clean as I can get them. Car still has a slight miss to it. Does have 20 inch rims and no cat but I can't see that = to that bad of gas mileage.

91 Deville I fear has a cat issue or injector issue. Has new plugs, caps, wires, rotor, and fuel filter. Also have timing set right. Feels like she is being held back when I get on it. Does not pick up anywhere near as good as the STS. Never seen the cat red hot but it has a small exhaust leak right in front of it a sign of possible backpressure. Also on initial startup it seems to run fine but after a few minutes it seems to start running rough.

AC Delco 91-402 I do believe is the number in both of em for plugs with top of the line parts for the rest. Neither get good gas mileage and it is driving me nuts. I can deal with 15mpg city but I am nowhere close right now.

Forgot to mention both fprs are good STS has a new one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldoradogary is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillc Eldorado 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

Re: Poor mpg

91 Deville, check your fuel pressure. My guess is fuel pump is going bad, had the same symptoms on a '92 Eldorado. You can rent a fuel pressure test gauge at Autozone, they refund all money when you return it.

Crudsturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville STS & 1991 Sedan Deville

I have a guage I will check it probably this weekend though will be driving the STS for now.

the recluse is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado

You should be able to run diagnostics through the DIC in the dash...

The other systems that greatly effect gas mileage and power are the TPS, MAP, and EGR. Exhaust leak might not be signs of back pressure, could just be a bad gasket. If the leak is bad enough, it can throw off the O2 sensors...

Check for vacuum leaks...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.