Where is the fuel filter on a 90 Coupe DeVille??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Where is the fuel filter on a 90 Coupe DeVille?? in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I have a 1990 Coupe Deville which just started to stall. Today it will not start. I have noticed a ...
    Dragonshield is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where is the fuel filter on a 90 Coupe DeVille??

I have a 1990 Coupe Deville which just started to stall. Today it will not start. I have noticed a loss of power, like it was starving for fuel when trying to go up hills. I took off the aircleaner and tried to start the engine, pumped the gas pedal and should smell gas. I don't. My guess is either the fuel filter or fuel pump. When I just turn on the engine with the key I do hear what I belive to be the fuel pump.

I want to start with the simple fix, the filer. Can anyone tell me where they stashed the fuel fileter on this car?/

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Where is the fuel filter on a 90 Coupe DeVille??

Welcome....... Thanks for signing up

Im not sure exactly where it is, but if I recall correctly some other modern cadillacs have the fuel filter under the car.... Not sure.......

And, if Im not mistaken, you wont smell gas because this isnt a carburated engine.......

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    Wes is right, it's fuel injected. I don't know where the filter is, maybe if you go buy a replacement at a parts store, the person there could probably tell you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

vanaisa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): `65 DeVille Convertible´67 Eldorado,´02 DHS
    There are two places, where fuel filter can be: under the car near fuel tank or under the car near transmission, in left side...
    Its really easy to replace too

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Will you need to jack up the car to get to it, or can you just lay on the ground to get it.....?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

If memory serves, it's on the right side right around the area of the R/R seat outboard side. The Fleetwoods are to the inside of the frame rail on the opposite side (left side) of the car. It's a metal, in-line filter.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.