Removing the AIR pump, HT4100
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Removing the AIR pump, HT4100 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; There has to be a better way. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...mp-85-fwb.html (Semi-Emergency - Water Pump, 85 FWB HT4100) In my quest to replace ...
    TheRedSharon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham (Sharon), 1998 Eldorado (Alyson)

Removing the AIR pump, HT4100

There has to be a better way.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...mp-85-fwb.html (Semi-Emergency - Water Pump, 85 FWB HT4100)

In my quest to replace my water pump, the alternator bracket is the last stumbling block in my path. I've deduced that in order to remove the bracket, I need to loosen up the air pump first. Now from my observations, there is only one bolt on the air pump - on the bottom in the back of the air pump, with the tension adjustment screw. I've gotten under the car several times, and after a while I managed to get a socket on it, but it won't turn. I've tried extending the ratchet handle with a half bat, but there just isn't enough clearance. Right now, I've got the car sitting on jackstands, and I'm going at the bolt from the front, reaching back under the front axle and coming back over top of that to get at the air pump. If anyone here knows a better way to loosen the bolt on an air pump, I would greatly appreciate your help. I really just want this one to be over with

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

Re: Removing the AIR pump, HT4100

You can carefully unbolt the AC compressor and lay it off to the side if that would help.

TheRedSharon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham (Sharon), 1998 Eldorado (Alyson)

Re: Removing the AIR pump, HT4100

Thanks ehall. Thanks to you, I'm almost done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.