awesome 440T4->4T65E conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, awesome 440T4->4T65E conversion in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; You might have to register to read the thread but it's definitely worth it. Basically the guy took a 4T65E ...
    ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

awesome 440T4->4T65E conversion

You might have to register to read the thread but it's definitely worth it. Basically the guy took a 4T65E transmission and found a standalone TCU from a diesel truck, and swapped it in place of his 440-T4 hydraulic transmission. Yes I'm thinking about it now.

http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthr...rt-440T4-4T65E

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

aeronca36606 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado

Re: awesome 440T4->4T65E conversion

There are a couple of after market transmission controllers available that will work with the 4T65E trans. These can also be equipped with paddle shifters for manual control or run in full automatic mode. They are a bit expensive though. If you where going to move to an electronic controled transmission, I would consider doing the full PFI 4.9 conversion with the 4T60E trans. This would probably be cheaper to do as parts would be available used at a reasonable cost. You would need the port fuel injection parts along with the transmission, wiring harness and ECM computer. This would give you a fully integrated powertrain set up fpr your cars weight. I am pretty sure that you may even be able to keep your fuel computer correct with some creative BCM upgrades. Good luck.

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

I'm not swapping harnesses and computers

STS_Seville_Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville

Yep for David's 330 whp Turbo Century. All of his builds are pretty neat and top notch. I'm a member of that forum too (I own two Centurys)

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

I didn't have the time to register, but what is an "A" body car? I guess I could have gone out to the shop and looked in my parts book, not sure if it would have shown it tho.

Well if I had waited another 10 minutes my question would have been answered. ehall, now c'mon changing things out to a full 4T60E isn't all that bad. You would only need to pull the whole dash open to do it. A couple of bulkhead connectors on the passenger firewall side, some more on the driver side. Can't be all that bad. I'd even go pull the parts for you for a small fee. Well, maybe not that small.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.