significant improvements in 94/95 4.9?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, significant improvements in 94/95 4.9? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Still doing some research for the 4.9 conversion and I saw a passing mention about improvements in 94/95. The only ...
    ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

significant improvements in 94/95 4.9?

Still doing some research for the 4.9 conversion and I saw a passing mention about improvements in 94/95. The only differences I'm aware of were related to the changeover from C-body to K-body which affected things like motor mounts and exhaust setup. Were there any major improvements to the internals?

It would be easier for me to use a 91-93 since the exhaust will be setup for the C-body style (in fact the OEM headers for those years are for 4.5 and 4.9 both) but if there is some huge improvement for 94/95 then I would like to know it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Re: significant improvements in 94/95 4.9?

I've had a few apart. As far as I can tell, no internal changes were made at all. The motor mounts and exhaust shouldn't make a difference - I believe the bosses for the motor mount brackets are the same, as well as exhaust manifold mounting. You should be able to simply bolt on your current mount brackets and exhaust manifolds to the 4.9 block and heads.

I have heard about later 4.9's coming with a revised piston skirt to reduce cold start noise, but I've never confirmed.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Re: significant improvements in 94/95 4.9?

There were supposed to be changes in the intake and exhaust manifolds. Some of the parts that bolt on are different. There's probably not enough difference between them to change to the newer engine unless that's all that's available to you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.