4.9 Individual Throttle Body project - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 4.9 Individual Throttle Body project in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; reminds me of the Ferrari Pinifarina stacks. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1281...66014194EtmBUC...
    Cristofo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Sedan De Ville, 1970 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Re: 4.9 Individual Throttle Body project

reminds me of the Ferrari Pinifarina stacks.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1281...66014194EtmBUC

STS_Seville_Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville

ITBs can make good power over stock, these people must of never heard of a Toyota 4AGE ot a Honda K-Series it ITBs.
    Ghost C keep up the avant garde work if you can get this functional you have my money. I'm especially interested too since most people here seem to think GM makes every car perfect to their 100 maximum potential.

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

^Well, it's maximum potential within a specific design budget for a product that must work satisfactorily over a broad range of circumstances and this product needs to be offered within a specific price range. I'd say they've done pretty well considering the requirements. Is there room for performance improvement? Hell yes. Maybe not as much room and with less accessibility as the SBC market but it's there. Anything is possible with enough time and money.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    most people here seem to think GM makes every car perfect to their 100 maximum potential.
    Not quite. It's more that many here realize that all of the components that make up the SYSTEM (designed as Sevillian explains above) compliment each other 100%. The heads only flow so much volume. The intake compliments the heads as best it can given the restrictions, and the throttle body compliments the heads and intake best it can. You cannot expect a change to one single component to drastically change the characteristics. You will be terribly disappointed.

It's like trying to upgrade a Pentium 4-era PC with 512GB ram and a nice new HD6850, and expecting a super computer that'll run anything you can throw at it. Not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    It's like trying to upgrade a Pentium 4-era PC with 512GB ram and a nice new HD6850, and expecting a super computer that'll run anything you can throw at it. Not gonna happen.
    Yeah, but can it run Crysis?

lulz.

Man, remember back when Far Cry and FEAR were the big stress testers? Far Cry sucked as a game, but man did it look great for it's day (especially when you ran it on XP64 with the "special" 64-bit patch). I remember I was all proud when I was one of the only people I knew with a rig that could run that game well - an FIC AM37 mobo, Athlon XP 2600+, 768mb DDR, and a Gainward FX5600 Ultra!

I didnt get into PC's untill 2009 so that's all Greek to me! Far Cry is what started it though. I had to see it in its full glory so I upgraded a craigslist Asus board with 2 gigs and the best an agp card I could find - a Sapphire HD3850. I thought I was hot shit with my 8000 3dMarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevillian273 View Post
    Far Cry is what started it though. I had to see it in its full glory so I upgraded a craigslist Asus board with 2 gigs and the best an agp card I could find
    Well, that's a testament I guess. My above story is from 2004, the year the game came out. 5 years later in your 2009 story, it still looked awesome.

Maybe I should start another PC thread in the lounge...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.