car is dieing at idle. P048 current trouble code. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, car is dieing at idle. P048 current trouble code. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Gee this threads getting old. I still don't see any mention of a vacuum reading even after it's been to ...
    cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Re: car is dieing at idle. P048 current trouble code.

Gee this threads getting old. I still don't see any mention of a vacuum reading even after it's been to a shop. Does the car have good power while it's running? I was thinking if it had low vacuum it might be a clogged catalytic. If the car still has good power it may not be. If the engine pulls 18 in of vacuum then everything is working normally. Did anyone try to adjust or replace the ISC? That's what actually controls the idle. The EGR code is puzzling since it seems to be working and it has now been replaced too. I have had a clogged cat cause an EGR code in the past.

cadillaceldo93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 cadillac eldorado

Re: car is dieing at idle. P048 current trouble code.

im posting again lol the problem seems to have subsided for now. the weather is warm now and i changed out a bad battery. idk if either one of those could mean anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.