e23 and e27 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, e23 and e27 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by Reverend Hearse Hmm..... 65 bucks an hour vs using my spare trans w/ shift kit... Decisions.... You ...
    the recluse is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado

Re: e23 and e27

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hearse View Post
    Hmm..... 65 bucks an hour vs using my spare trans w/ shift kit... Decisions....
    You didn't tell me you had one of those!

Reverend Hearse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 Collins hearse, 1979 Coupe , 1984 Seville,1990 fleet'

didnt want to pull it if i dont have to, still lugging down when hot, still slamming back through the gears when slowing down....

So , what are these 2 parts, can they be easily removed? I believe one is the a.i.r. Pump? And is it possible to do away with the a/c and still have p/s?

EDIT* CANT GET THE PICS TO LOAD, ONE IS PULLY IS RAN BY THE P/S PUMP VIA A SHORT BELT, AND THE OTHER ITEM IS DIRECTLY UNDER THE ALTERNATOR, RAN BY A BELT BACK TO THE CRANK I BELIEVE, WHAT ARE THESE 2 ITEMS AND CAN THE BE REMOVED?

Pics would be really helpful...

I figured the air pump belt needs replaced, the adjuster bolt seems to be designed by the russians, as i cant seem to get to it no matter how i try, i have pulled the alternator to try and gain more room, but i really dont see and good way other than to remove the passenger side tire, certainly there is a simple way, what am i overlooking?

...seems to be designed by the Russians, as i cant seem to get to it no matter how i try...
    In Soviet Russia; bolt gets you

Sorry

i have pulled the alternator to try and gain more room, but i really dont see and good way other than to remove the passenger side tire, certainly there is a simple way, what am i overlooking?
    You have to remove the tire. Behind it is a "flap" that you unbolt and move out of the way for easier access to all things south of the water pump....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.