93 deville turn signal problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 93 deville turn signal problems in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey everone how are you i got a 93 deville 4.9 with 105k miles on it just last week when ...
    mike93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac sedan deville

93 deville turn signal problems

Hey everone how are you i got a 93 deville 4.9 with 105k miles on it just last week when i put my turn signal on when i turn left the arrow on the dash and the front and rear lights just stay solid when i put the signal to the right everything blinks put a new flasher not that put new rear signal bulbs not that and checked the fuse is good and there is no turn signal relay please help what can it be thanks

mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

revdowrong is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 91 sedan deville

Re: 93 deville turn signal problems

Its the actual turn signal switch inside of the steering wheel that's causing the problem.

oh have u had that problem and if you did how much is the switch i will do it myself thanks

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

You mentioned the rear bulbs but what about the front? The front and rear bulbs are wired in parallel. When any of the bulbs on the circuit go out, the circuits resistance goes up, current draw goes down and the relay no longer works correctly.

The bulbs must all be working with good connection to their sockets (connections in the rear can be a concern) and the bulb values must be correct

yeah i forgot to say that i changed the front bulbs also just started today now with the turn signal not even on the arrow on the dash just stays on with the signals off

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

The best way to diagnose this is to turn on the 4 way emergency flashers and walk around the car looking for a failed bulb. If all seem ok, then I would suspect the turn signal switch. A flasher light staying on, turn signals off means a poor ground in a bulb socket. This car was famous for corroded rusted sockets.

daniel58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 58 Coupe Deville, 77 Coupe deville, 90 Deville

If I remember correctly changing that turn signal switch is not an easy job. You should get a Factory Service Manual and study a bit before attempting this job. You will need a steering wheel puller, snap ring pliers etc. Also you have to be very careful with the air bag assy, if it blows up you could get hurt.

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Check your grounds under the hood, There are some wires bolted to the side fender that could be bad. If I leave my wires unbolted the turn signal light on the dash stays solid. It is a small black wire with a little hex nut holding it to the side fender under the hood, My old 93 deville had something broken in the steering column, or in the stalk and the cornering light stayed on unless you lifted the turn signal stalk by hand slightly, If the bulb works I would look into other causes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.