93 deville running great
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 93 deville running great in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey everyone I have a 1993 cadillac sedan deville that has 105,000 miles on it it's been running great the ...
    mike93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac sedan deville

93 deville running great

Hey everyone I have a 1993 cadillac sedan deville that has 105,000 miles on it it's been running great the only thing is that 10 months ago i had the trans rebuilt and now the torque converter locks up way to early at like 27MPH the car shifts great and everything just the torque converter locks up way to early and no codes what could it be thanks everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Re: 93 deville running great

I'm not sure if 27mph lockup is abnormal or not, as my '90 Eldo locks up around the same speed if I'm driving it VERY easy. Anyway...

TCC lockup is usually determined by coolant temp, vehicle speed, brake switch (closed for lockup), transmission line pressure and TPS angle. Coolant temp and vehicle speed requirements are programmed into the PCM. A faulty brake switch could only PREVENT lockup, not initiate it early. Same goes for inadequate line pressure. The TPS or faulty speed info to the PCM are the only adjustable variable here.

Be sure that the TPS is correctly adjusted and working properly. Make sure that your speedo is correct.

I don't think it's normal everyone tells me it's supposed to lockup around 42 MPH but i still have 2 months left on my warranty so ill bring it back to aamco monday and tell them about it

the recluse is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by mike93 View Post
    ...ill bring it back to aamco monday and tell them about it
    Oh God, there's your problem I hate AAMCO

Don't let them fool around till the warranty expires (they will try). They buy cheap Chinese built torque converters that are almost NEVER machined right, I had one in a Plymouth tranny they built that blew the replacement tranny 11 months into the warranty and had to sue them for recovery. When it was pulled apart my trans tech showed me the hub was .033 out of round! Told me AAMCO has a truck load of return (faulty) torque converters for every 2 truck loads that come in.

Be admit and act fast.

yeah i know the thing shifts fine and everything just the torque converter locks up to early i hear that if that happens to much it will burn up the forth clutches because of the trans locking and unlocking creating so much heat

hcaddy95 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995,Cadillac Deville,HT 4900

you still haven't taken it back to them yet its been awhile youv'e been having problems with your deville for sometime now Goodluck

oh you can look up your tps reading in your Driver Information Display also

Ive bought it to them about 5 times seriously called BBB called AAMCO consumer affairs and nothing gets done i keep fighting with them but tell me it's normal when it not and in august the warranty expires only one more month left im gonna make them fix it somehow i will find a way!

the recluse is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado

Get an independent second opinion from at least two other shops (not AAMCO) and then go back to AAMCO with the results. It may be nothing, but I seriously doubt it. GM designs a tranny that runs forever and AAMCO can't rebuild it to last a year?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.