EGR interchange - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, EGR interchange in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Well thanks for your opinion I guess but I feel comfortable that I have isolated the problem and would like ...
    ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

Re: EGR interchange

Well thanks for your opinion I guess but I feel comfortable that I have isolated the problem and would like an answer to the question I asked if anybody has it

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Well, I don't know the answer to your question. I'd suggest trying a junkyard part so that when it ends up being a mistake, it'll be a cheap loss.

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Quote Originally Posted by ehall View Post
    Due to the performance mods that I've made my back-pressure at low RPMs is kind of high, so the valve starts modulating sooner than intended.

Yeah, because you measured it with a backpressure gauge and compared the results of the original exhaust system to your modified system.

What I am wondering is if I could take a valve from a 4.5 or 4.9 and get higher mechanical resistance to the back-pressure, so that the valve did not come on until later.
    Your answer: No. The EGR opens when the ECM tells it to regardless of how much backpressure is present. As long as there is enough to allow the vacuum from the solenoid to lift the diaphragm, the egr operates as it should. Only too little backpressure will interfere with normal EGR operation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.