4.9 main mearing thump getting worse? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 4.9 main mearing thump getting worse? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok thanks guys and yes it's the original motor with 104,000 miles on it and idk what to do change ...
    mike93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac sedan deville

Re: 4.9 main mearing thump getting worse?

Ok thanks guys and yes it's the original motor with 104,000 miles on it and idk what to do change the oil and put 10w30 in there or what tne oil is only 400 miles old don't feel like changing it yet ive been using that oil for 6 months now and just know it started knocking worst idk what i should do?

steelybill is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '85 Fleetwood FWD

Changing the mains in the car is not all that bed (just messy under the car, oil dripping on your head etc) There is a tool for that, which is inserted in the oil hole in the crank, to rotate the top half of the bearing out, and a new one in, by turning the crank. It's the only way to do it in the car. I never had the tool, and made them from a big cotter pin, flattened to a "T" on the loop end.
    You need a torque wrench if you do it, to torque the main caps when going back together.

Ok thanks guys im going to automotive school and they said if i buy a junkyard motor they will rebuild it with me and can sway the rebuilt one in my car what motors will fit 4.5 or what would you go with if a 4.5 could fit? other than 4.9 and 4.5 any other motors can I put in my 93?

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Only the same motor it came with especially if it's a practice rebuild.

ok guys thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.