1984 Coupe Engine Oil Cooler lines
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 1984 Coupe Engine Oil Cooler lines in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello all- I am working on a 1984 Coupe Deville with a 4100, rear wheel drive. The engine oil cooler ...
    olds55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 & 1984 Coupes

1984 Coupe Engine Oil Cooler lines

Hello all-

I am working on a 1984 Coupe Deville with a 4100, rear wheel drive.

The engine oil cooler lines are rotted, the ones that go to the radiator to the engine. Does anyone know where I can obtain some new or good used ones? I tried GM and they do not have any and they searched their database.

Any help is appreciated. I want to get back on the road!

Lenny

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave S Texas is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL

Re: 1984 Coupe Engine Oil Cooler lines

tough one.....I'd check local bone-yards or craigslist for parts cars. another possible answer would be finding a place that makes hydraulic hoses and possibly they could make/adapt something for you.....

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Any large hydrallic repair business could make them with your old fittings installed and crimped, much like A/C hoses are done. Take carefull measurements prior to removal and a good way to make a template with regards to the proper bends required, would be to use very stiff wire put up to the pipe and bent as necc. to match. The new pieces would be hoses rather than pipe and would not be prone to fractures and would be easy to route away from items that could cut or rub thru them.

olds55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 & 1984 Coupes

Thanks all-

I did check on getting the lines made at a hydraulic line shop a few weeks ago and it will cost me about $200....

I bought some lines from a '85 FWD for $20.....the ends are the same but I will have to make the rubber hose longer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.