Coolant.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Coolant. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; So in my search for a reason to one answer I think I have a theory for another as well. ...
    MrDobin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Cadillac Seville Elegante

Coolant.

So in my search for a reason to one answer I think I have a theory for another as well.

I have had an issue with my blower fan since I bought the car in February. Luckily being this system has induction I survive and press forward even in 30 below. So until recently, I haven't searched for the issue causing the blower being its summer. Upon taking a trip to northern Minnesota I then noticed when I have the system turned on any of the 3 settings(low mid high) the lines which lead to the hvac(coolant line in the case) are leaking. The leak is either from the hvac not reacting, or from a plug in the line.

I am no expert but given the hvac controls my blower AS WELL as those lines. Doesn't this sound like a faulty hvac? I have herd they are an issue with the 80 to 85 models so it would make sense. All and any help is welcome. I want heat from novemeber, blowing not "inducting". Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave S Texas is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08)1981 F100 '03FXDL

Re: Coolant.

If I understand: you want Heat. There is a control valve in the heater hoses which may be faulty or its control is faulty. Check your FSM for troubleshooting procedures on the heater system.

Would that stop the blower from engaging though? In winter my heat works and coolant doesn't leak but again its induction only

steelybill is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '85 FWD fleetwood, '93 fleetwood Bro

If your blower isn't working, that's a different problem than a coolant leak. I bought a later model type blower motor control module, and an adapter to use it on the older ('85) car. The adapter is a GM part, a short cable with the connectors on each end to adapt the newer module.
    The part number for the jumper is 12058322, and it's not cheap. $74.27 when I bought it in 2006. But at this point, if you want it to work, you have to get the newer module and the jumper/adapter .
    The only other way to get power to the blower would be to wire in a switch to the blower motor, from a 12 volt source in the fuse block, which would be high blower only.
    The coolant valve must be leaking when it's controlled open or closed etc, so you likely need a new valve, from what I think you described.

I believe that the BCM controls both that water valve and the blower, so selecting a setting, depending on the temp you set, may open or close the valve, which may explain what you describe.

Ya. I had a hunch. If I for now wire the blower up to the fuse which would you suggest and what's the difficulty of installing a new water valve? I'm sure it will require dumping some coolant but always good to know what I'm getting into.

steelybill is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '85 FWD fleetwood, '93 fleetwood Bro

Draining the coolant is no big deal. The water valve is mounted on rubber shock mounts, just to the right of the blower motor, with two hose clamps on the hoses. Should be easy to change, if that's what is leaking. That valve is usually available at most auto parts stores.
    When the coolant is put back in, it will not all go in until the thermostat opens
    (engine warm) and it circulates. Sometimes easier to put the last couple quarts in the over-flow tank, and it will be drawn into the radiator as the engine cools down.

The pics below are what is leaking. If that is the part your referring to. I believe it is.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hp?albumid=941

I found a module for 206 f******* bucks. If your referring to the top plug component thats what i found... glad to find but that price as we say in the north OOFTA!

its part 155221 More Info {#01630848, 12515169, 155314} on rockauto.com. can anyone validate this is correct?... I know its a remake but I wanna be sure the part will act as needed. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.