engine stopped while driving on highway, inside temp not right
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, engine stopped while driving on highway, inside temp not right in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; HI the engine of my fleetwood 88 4.5 stopped yesterday while I was driving on the highway. After restarting in ...
    Romy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Fleetwood D'Elegance

engine stopped while driving on highway, inside temp not right

HI

the engine of my fleetwood 88 4.5 stopped yesterday while I was driving on the highway. After restarting in P the engine runs again but stopped after a while again. After waiting for 1 hour I started again and it ran. CODE E32 has been shown form the first time. First I thought it could be the fuel pump. But I don't know...the manual says that the VCC could be wrong?!
    Another problem is my inside thermistor is not showing the right inside temperature. It is always showing 40 - 50F more than it is in the car. That's why it starts cooling, so it's always cooler in the car than desired. Yesterday I had to choose 85F!!!!! to get a nice temperature in the car and it was 75F outside. The BCM showed 91F inside temperature!!! I mean that's simply not right.
    I got R134 in my AC. I retrofitted it one or two years ago. It's cooling and heating fine. But not in the right temperature area. I have a second inside thermistor I replaced it and nothing changed. Some one told me that the AC will not work right when you got R134 inside. But this has nothing to do with the fact that the inside temperature is not showing right.?!?! HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave S Texas is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '87 Coupe DeVille 4.1L FWD(New engine '08) 1981 F100 '03FXDL

Re: engine stopped while driving on highway, inside temp not right

E32 is an Open MAP sensor circuit. No other E codes? No F codes? F13 is the In-Car Temp sensor circuit code. Check to see if the aspirator is able to draw in-car air past the sensor. I converted my system to R134 10+yrs ago and have had no AC problems of any kind....

Romy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Fleetwood D'Elegance

Re: engine stopped while driving on highway, inside temp not right

Thanks.I will check that. My AC works fine. Only one thing is bad. When I got
    about 12C outside the AC Service light comes on. But only within these temperatures. By erasing the codes everything works fine again.
    By the way...no other codes, no E codes, no F codes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.