Water Pump Inlet Repair help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Water Pump Inlet Repair help in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi everyone. So i have spent the past 4 hours reading all the threads related to this part. it is ...
    Hamspiced is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Water Pump Inlet Repair help

Hi everyone.

So i have spent the past 4 hours reading all the threads related to this part.

it is the water inlet or rear water pump cover or whatever else its listed. i have through mitchell the part listed as water pump inlet assembly.

well there is a hole rusted in it. i need to know what this part is called, where i can get it (gmpartsdirect.com doesnt have it, nor does autozone, murrays, napa) only place i havent tried is dealer.

next, how is it removed? diagrams would be lovely, as i have the water pump removed right now and have attempted to remove this but there is just so much stuff blocking it i dont know what to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Re: Water Pump Inlet Repair help

The model, year, engine would be lovely.

sure would wouldnt it???

doh

92 seville sts 4.9

HUF

can you see the part you are talking about in this diagram?

follow the right side of the diagram, the three pullys on the right side going down. the middle one is the waterpump.

the part i need is on the other side of the water pump. im assuming View C.

HUF

Quote Originally Posted by Hamspiced View Post
    follow the right side of the diagram, the three pullys on the right side going down. the middle one is the waterpump.

Okay, that's a "dealer only" part about $30. Go to parts department of the nearest Cadillac dealership. Show it on their display and order.

HUF

See the picture. there are two heater pipes (that's how they are called) connected with a hose. Looks like you need the right one? If so, I can find the part number.

no, those arent it.

I just replaced it. Its called the Rear Waterpump Inlet Assembly.

There was a pin hole in the metal tube that attaches to the green tube of that tubing that you just posted.

HOWEVER!!!

I may have to replace those tubes anyways cause this thing was quite rusted.

10 hours this took, to replace the waterpump and rear assembly. I can see why the shops charge so much.

but now i still have leaking, i just have to figure out from where. i think my clamps might not be tight enough, or i have a busted radiator. eh, oh well. spent 80 bucks on the car, figure dropping a couple hundred will make it worth it.

HUF

no, those arent it.

I just replaced it. Its called the Rear Waterpump Inlet Assembly.

There was a pin hole in the metal tube that attaches to the green tube of that tubing that you just posted.

HOWEVER!!!

I may have to replace those tubes anyways cause this thing was quite rusted.

10 hours this took, to replace the waterpump and rear assembly. I can see why the shops charge so much.

but now i still have leaking, i just have to figure out from where. i think my clamps might not be tight enough, or i have a busted radiator. eh, oh well. spent 80 bucks on the car, figure dropping a couple hundred will make it worth it.
    These pipes do rust. Check the radiator's side tanks. They are plastic and often crack.

Quote Originally Posted by HUF View Post
    These pipes do rust. Check the radiator's side tanks. They are plastic and often crack.
    side tanks?

like the resovour?

i just got a price quote for a new radiator just to check... 260$.... christ!

HUF

side tanks?

like the resovour?

i just got a price quote for a new radiator just to check... 260$.... christ!
    They are called inlet and outlet radiator tanks. An aftermarket radiator is about $150. Check out rockauto.com and eBay.

so lets say theoretically on one of the bolts for the waterpump i snapped it off.

the one where the threaded part is sticking out and a nut secures the waterpump onto the engine. how does one go about fixing that?

Slacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I picked up a used radiator from a local junkyard for my deville for around $60. The thing looks great too. I'd suggest stopping by one of those places if you want to save some cash. Mine came w/ a 30 day warranty on it too.

As for the threading of the snapped bolt. Sometimes if you have enough sticking out, I found you can dremel a standard screw driver slit in it with a cut off wheel and unscrew the bolt. If it's in too tight for that, you'll have to drill it out and retap the hole.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.