Fan Belt Upside Down on Ebay Car?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Fan Belt Upside Down on Ebay Car? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey, I have the same car and was wondering about the placement of the drive belt on this car. Isn't ...
    nycnftm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Eldorado

Fan Belt Upside Down on Ebay Car?

Hey, I have the same car and was wondering about the placement of the drive belt on this car. Isn't upside down? Shouldn't the teeth be turned the other way. I'm asking because I just bought new belts to put on mine. Pretty funny the guy wants $7,000 for the car btw.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180243780016

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chicano-Mexicano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldorado Sports Coupe

Re: Fan Belt Upside Down on Ebay Car?

A. Why is this in the 4.x section cause that engine is obviously not part of the 4.x family.

B. You can see that alternator belt is smooth side down so yeah the fan belt is upside down so yeah put the replacement belt on the way you though it should go.

C. I would strongly advise against buying this car because of he can't change a simple fan belt I would hate to see him do any other maintenance on that engine.

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

No it's not upside down. Some belt manufacturers make belts looking this way.

4.9fiero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Wink Re: Fan Belt Upside Down on Ebay Car?

If I recall, the '84 Eldo was a 4.1L Longitudinal mount though, TH 425 FWD, maybe TH325 not sure.

Chicano-Mexicano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldorado Sports Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 4.9fiero View Post
    If I recall, the '84 Eldo was a 4.1L Longitudinal mount though, TH 425 FWD, maybe TH325 not sure.
    But if it was the 4.1 then is would say High Technology 4.1 on the air cleaner and I don't believe that 425 or 325 are part of the 4.x family either but I could be wrong

nycnftm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Eldorado

HT4100

I wouldn't buy the car because it is over priced. I was just inquiring about the belt.

awadecki is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)

that's definitely a ht4100. the air cleaner must be a replacement. you can see the p/s pump reservoir on the fan shroud, the belt-driven vacuum pump, and the AIR solenoid.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.