where is this supposed to connect
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, where is this supposed to connect in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; This should be the EGR solenoid. On the passenger side there are two nipples, one that goes to the EGR ...
    ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

where is this supposed to connect

This should be the EGR solenoid. On the passenger side there are two nipples, one that goes to the EGR valve, and another that is not connected to anything. The driver's side has a shared intake vacuum feed (it's tee'd with the heater control valve and brake booster). Is the unattached nipple supposed to be connected to anything or is it atmospheric dump port? There aren't any vacuum hoses anywhere around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Re: where is this supposed to connect

I dont think it should be attached to anything, The egr solenoid on my 4.9 has two connections and a filter. I imagine that used to have the filter foam and it has just deteriorated. If you look at the picture i linked below you will see the one port covered with foam

http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/ge.../VS25_FULL.jpg

MrSeville4.9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Seville 4.9, 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV 6.0

Its a small hose that connects there and goes to the left side(if your standing in front of the car) of the throttle body. I think that right, but ill have to look at my engine and check....

awadecki is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)

no, ehall, your car is fine. that top nipple vents to open air. nothing is supposed to go there but a very small filter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.