engine pinging???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, engine pinging??? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; hey all i just bought my second cadillac, this one is a 95 sedn deville with 101k miles on it. ...
    SRTATEU is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Sedan Deville

engine pinging???

hey all i just bought my second cadillac, this one is a 95 sedn deville with 101k miles on it. the motor and body are in excellent condition I mean excellent!! bought from a retired vet. I did my regular changes for my records oil, trans, anti freeze, gas filter, etc.. I just put in a full tank yesterday morning premium mind you at almost $4.00 a gallon ok $3.99. this morning i headed to the xway when i heard off a red line the motor being toping off the line? did I do something wrong? has anyone ever experience this mystery noise. how can i get rid off it. this car is way to classy to be having this noise off the motor!!

any and all comments apprciated!! i need to take care of this ASAP...

Joel

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Re: engine pinging???

to the xway when i heard off a red line the motor being toping off the line? did I do something wrong? ??????

A little more clarification might be in order.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

What did he just say???

captainjohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

"i headed to the xway when i heard off a red line the motor being toping off the line?"

Let's see:
    I was traveling to the freeway. As I accelerated, from a red light, I heard the motor beginning to tap.

This would be a rarely heard dialect of Ebonics. We should all feel grateful to have heard it here.

The problem is we read it too often. Some days I just don't volunteer!

SRTATEU is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by captainjohn View Post
    "i headed to the xway when i heard off a red line the motor being toping off the line?"

Let's see:
    I was traveling to the freeway. As I accelerated, from a red light, I heard the motor beginning to tap.

This would be a rarely heard dialect of Ebonics. We should all feel grateful to have heard it here.

Wow! I thought this was a professional and respectable site for people with the same interestr in cars and all you guys can do is critize the persons typing errors? why do you think I reposted the secod time? and still I get no answer from the forum moderaters? but I get critized?

you guys are all a joke!!! thank you CAPTIAINJOHN, CADILLAC AL, and CARNUT for your sarcastic remarks! that really helped me figure out why my motor pings off the line... I hate so say I am a proud owner of a Cadillac cuz of you clowns!!!

I will figure this out some other way!!!

any comments please throw them my way!!!

dissapointed Cadillac member!!!

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Question Re: engine pinging???

Quote Originally Posted by SRTATEU View Post
    Wow! I thought this was a professional and respectable site for people with the same interestr in cars and all you guys can do is critize the persons typing errors? why do you think I reposted the secod time? and still I get no answer from the forum moderaters? but I get critized?

you guys are all a joke!!! thank you CAPTIAINJOHN, CADILLAC AL, and CARNUT for your sarcastic remarks! that really helped me figure out why my motor pings off the line... I hate so say I am a proud owner of a Cadillac cuz of you clowns!!!

I will figure this out some other way!!!

any comments please throw them my way!!!

dissapointed Cadillac member!!!
    SRTATEU,

Some people are not good with their words or with typing...we realize that. But asking for help in the most intelligible and NICE way is always justified. Why do you think the members of this board who did help a lot of people like you to save some bucks would be willing to help you when you call other fellow members clowns? Please understand you do not do us a favor when you ask for advice, but we rather do a favor trying to help you.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
    to the xway when i heard off a red line the motor being toping off the line? did I do something wrong? ??????

A little more clarification might be in order.
    Dude, I understood everything else in the post except that one sentence and that was the most important one. I read typos all the time and usually can figure them out. When I see red line I think wide open throttle. Red line and Cadillac usually don't go in the same sentence. Carnut made a valiant attempt at translation but I wan't sure that it was correct.

For pinging off the line I would say check the EGR tubes in the throttle body or the EGR itself, is the car getting too hot? do the fans work? Is it taking off in 2nd gear? does it run good otherwise? It could be carboned up if an old duffer was driving it. In that case take her for some hard rides and check out the red line.

Any and all comments appreciated?? Reposted the SECOD time??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.