93 Won't Start - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 93 Won't Start in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; In my opinion, if the stereo wiring has been hacked up and the diplays don't work then it is now ...
    cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Re: 93 Won't Start

In my opinion, if the stereo wiring has been hacked up and the diplays don't work then it is now a parts car. Just advertise the good qualities and someone might buy it anyway. I have never heard a coil clicking before either. I wonder if it is getting constant voltage or intermittant voltage. is the coil contact or rotor burnt or something? Good luck.

lenny lincoln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

very dangerous to do and I am suggesting no to do but if someone would dribble a little gas down the carb while trying to start and see if you can keep it alive. This test would tell ya if you got a fuel delievery problem or electrical.

AMGoff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '03 Seville STS, '89 Eldorado, '89 Grand Wagoneer

Hmmmm.... That would help if a '93 had a carb.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny lincoln View Post
    Ok, pour it down the throttle body. Do we have to be that anal when we are trying to help someone diagnosis their problems? Half of these guys here dont know what a TB is or where to locate one. But I bet everybody knows what a carb is and knew what I meant.
    You're going to lecture me about trying to be helpful on this site? You've got some mighty big ones...

93cADi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Cadillac Deville

OK everyone settle down, I got the thing to where it starts and runs very good. I took it around the block a couple of times. Got in front of my house and the thing started knocking big time. Don't know where it is coming from. Hopefully not the engine but more than likely. So probably be selling it as a parts car. Anybody want it?

"You're going to lecture me about trying to be helpful" If you call that lecturing you obviously have an napolean attitude problem or dont know jack.... Sry, I dont know you and I hardly come here to remember your name or any of your previous posts. I only lurk here when I have some problems with My 93. I like to check on my post results and offer some experiences from my life of turning wrenches on these cars to others. If I name a throttle body a carburetor and suggested he pour alittle gas down it I dont think he would pour it into the radiator. I think he and everybody else understood the advise except you. I dont think you knew that fuel injected cars ran with gas poured down the TB did ya? And you just wanted to inject your little bit of short knowledge to show your superiority. I just think you came off wrong twice now. Have you offered any advise to this man to help him start his car or what the knocking noise might be.........

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by 93cADi View Post
    OK everyone settle down, I got the thing to where it starts and runs very good. I took it around the block a couple of times. Got in front of my house and the thing started knocking big time. Don't know where it is coming from. Hopefully not the engine but more than likely. So probably be selling it as a parts car. Anybody want it?

What octane gas you running? The kocking could very likely be bad egr system or advanced timing for the octane gas.

Did you ever get the dash lights to work so you can check codes?

"You're going to lecture me about trying to be helpful" If you call that lecturing you obviously have an napolean attitude problem or dont know jack.... Sry, I dont know you and I hardly come here to remember your name or any of your previous posts. I only lurk here when I have some problems with My 93. I like to check on my post results and offer some experiences from my life of turning wrenches on these cars to others. If I name a throttle body a carburetor and suggested he pour alittle gas down it I dont think he would pour it into the radiator. I think he and everybody else understood the advise except you. I dont think you knew that fuel injected cars ran with gas poured down the TB did ya? And you just wanted to inject your little bit of short knowledge to show your superiority. I just think you came off wrong twice now. Have you offered any advise to this man to help him start his car or what the knocking noise might be.........
    Blah blah blah... you're nothing more than a royal PITA and an ignorant one at that. You're the one who feels he knows better than anyone on this site... even though it's not all that much. Every other post you're bashing the Northstar even though you know jack squat about them... all we hear is "headgaskets headgaskets headgaskets." Well... STFU already! You can't even understand why their would be a high occurrence of reported problems on a site of this nature. You're seen as nothing but a troll... you come to a Cadillac site, register as "xxx lincoln," and tell everyone that if they had any brains they're buy some 30 year old, arcane land-yacht with a truck engine.... and then have the nerve to tell people that said dinosaurs hold their value better - which, if you read my previous response to your previous drivel, you would see that's utter BS. I mean... you don't even know the appropriate context by which to accuse someone of having a "Napoleon complex!" So for the love of God... take your 16 valves of mediocrity and drive away from here (assuming you have enough power)... Because, really... we're all tired of your bias. Do us a favor and just do what you've been saying you're gonna do for the past year and 'effing sell your Deville.

My sincerest apologies to the OP... I didn't want to say any of that in here... but I couldn't PM this gentleman because his trollish activities have caused him to be banned from starting new threads and PMs. If nothing else... please beware... advice isn't advice when it's dripping with bias!

So does anyone know about my knocking or is the engine toast?

"because his trollish activities have caused him to be banned from starting new threads and PMs. " Your the one who decided to muffle me. Or was it "WE" as in YOU and the guys got together and decided to ban me? LOLOLO Naploean

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

"because his trollish activities have caused him to be banned from starting new threads and PMs. " Your the one who decided to muffle me. Or was it "WE" as in YOU and the guys got together and decided to ban me? LOLOLO Naploean
    strike 3

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

hey 93, sorry your thread got derailed. i hope it gets back on topic

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by 93cADi View Post
    So does anyone know about my knocking or is the engine toast?
    I'll repost what I said above in case you missed it.

What octane gas you running? The kocking could very likely be bad egr system or advanced timing for the octane gas.

Did you ever get the dash lights to work so you can check codes?

I wouldnt think the engine would be toast necessarily, may just need abit of work to get it running right. Does it knock while idling or only under acceleration?

OK went out again today and started it. The noise that is making it sound like a rod knocking is the belt tensioner. I have another I will keep you all updated after I put the other one on. Thanks guys. and know can't figure out the dash lights.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

I think I read right in this forum in the last couple days that someone said when installing a stereo, somobody used the incorrect hot wire and it fries the BCM. Usually when the displays don't work it is the BCM but I didn't think yours was because I thought someone must have cut too many wires. Yours may need a BCM after all. I would look out for a used one or rockauto sells new ones for about $150 with $75 core charge. If someone recognizes this problem feel free to correct me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.