Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  LJS1993 
#1 ·
:thehand:i know a few people on here are going to dog on me for asking this question, but i was wondering if anyones ever fixed up a 4100, is there any other parts you can put on to beef it up?

#2 ·
No, no one's ever really beefed up a 4100. An engine swap is more cost effective and practical when it comes to such a dog of an engine. I've only heard of two exceptions. One being when folks would get crate motors from the dealer (and from what I've heard they have 'em stacked to the ceiling!). But that doesn't solve it's issues nor give more power. Second, I have heard of companies like Jasper (not them, but someone else) who take the 4100 and rebuild it with the issues resolved (gasket failures, etc.), but that doesn't give it anymore power.

In my opinion, a 250CID engine is wayyyyy too little for a big d-body car. Even the 305/307CID motors are too small. The bare minimum should have been a 350 for any decent power. Hence why the 77-80 cars did so well and the 350 Bros from 90-92. A 5L car does okay, but there's no real power or performance, just enough to get by. And a 4.1L is just unsafe. Honestly, I could never even pass a car on the freeway, and that was in my 307 Bro.

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.