Possible ECM problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Possible ECM problem in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello everyone, I'm new at this so please forgive if not doing something right. I have a 1992 STS with ...
    jpoteat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Possible ECM problem

Hello everyone, I'm new at this so please forgive if not doing something right. I have a 1992 STS with only 60K miles, love the car but something strange happened today. The speedometer dropped to 0, everything electronic flatlined, and the transmission dropped out of overdrive. From a dead stop you have to manually shift the car otherwise it tries to starts in 3rd gear.

The following codes show all history, E052-I034-A050-I052 (for some reason nothing current, even though the check engine light was on during the time)

I made it home, and now it's fine.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NickySantoro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles

Re: Possible ECM problem

Check all cable connections, the cables themselves, and the battery. Wiggle all the connectors on the ECM. Low voltage seems to make these cars "psychotic", for lack of a better term.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.