heat issues!!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, heat issues!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; If all three hoses are the same temperature, it means no heat was taken from the heater core. The core ...
    HUF
    HUF is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Re: heat issues!!!!

If all three hoses are the same temperature, it means no heat was taken from the heater core. The core has plastic side tanks. Two fittings are attached to the same side tank. Probably the coolant takes a shortcut through that side tank.

ehall is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

It's not that hard to replace the heater core btw. It's a two-hour job for a trained mechanic and a four-hour job for joe shadetree. Mine blew out a little while ago and I found a good writeup in the FWD forum with a search, although I've lost it since (I had the mechanic do it).

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by HUF View Post
    If all three hoses are the same temperature, it means no heat was taken from the heater core. The core has plastic side tanks. Two fittings are attached to the same side tank. Probably the coolant takes a shortcut through that side tank.
    Ok, so they shouldnt be the same temp. Makes sense, Guess my heater core is probably bad, just not leaking. Do you think its repairable if its shortcutting (could it just be another blockage) or should I just take it out and replace it.If I go the replacement route i guess i will try and save all the cooolant I can since its new.

Thanks for the help

I have a FSM for a 4100 engine so I may look at it if i cna find it fora adiagnostic prrocedure and instructions on how to replace the core, if i cant find it in a search.

nycnftm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Eldorado

I just had my heater core bypassed today. You can wear a warm coat while driving and hope the groundhog saw his shadow . Much easier & cheaper than replacing (save your $ for next repair).

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by nycnftm View Post
    I just had my heater core bypassed today. You can wear a warm coat while driving and hope the groundhog saw his shadow . Much easier & cheaper than replacing (save your $ for next repair).

Well if the groundhog saw its shadow it means summer is on the way here in Texas, Which brings us to the next issue, My A/C doesnt work Thats a story for another thread though, But luckily I know solution to that one already

HUF
    HUF is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by behind-bars View Post
    Ok, so they shouldnt be the same temp. Makes sense, Guess my heater core is probably bad, just not leaking. Do you think its repairable if its shortcutting (could it just be another blockage) or should I just take it out and replace it.If I go the replacement route i guess i will try and save all the cooolant I can since its new.

Thanks for the help

I have a FSM for a 4100 engine so I may look at it if i cna find it fora adiagnostic prrocedure and instructions on how to replace the core, if i cant find it in a search.
    Yeah...I would just replace it with aftermarket core. I got mine for $30, all metal. After flushing my core it started leaking from the gasket between a side tank and the core... Replacing the heater core is not very fun. Too less room. Pay attention HOW you remove stuff from under the dash to put it back in the SAME way just in reverse.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.