New brain wracking symptom...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, New brain wracking symptom... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Over the past few days, I'll start my car and take off right away cold (it's been 50+ degrees in ...
    wikked_magick45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville 4.9L

New brain wracking symptom...

Over the past few days, I'll start my car and take off right away cold (it's been 50+ degrees in the middle of January) and for about the first ten seconds I drive the car, I get all eight cylinders. Than *insert fart noise* back to what feels like 5 or 6. When it begins to miss, the engine vibrates BAD around 2600-3200 RPM's, and it has a horrible lack of power. When I first take off in the morning - I can bark the tires for at least a hundred feet. I went to the junkyard today and I bought all 8 injecotrs, the wiring, and the fuel rail out of a 93 DeVille 4.9 that ran absolutlety perfect. I forgot to mention there are:

::*NO CODES*::

in my computer, at least in the ECM. I keep getting B120 and B121, but it's nothing important.

While I'm at it... I have a 91 Seville with air ride. How can I cease this annoying message that says "SERVICE CCR SYSTEM" in my DIC? The person who had the car before me spent a couple grand on the struts and got the right ones but they're aftermarket without the sensors. If the car sits a week or so, the back end will squat down about two inches. I start it and the compressor fires up and it raises right back up in a minute or so. So I know the air ride IS in fact working, but I don't think my struts have the CCR sensors. Can I stick resistors in the connectors to shut the message up? It's driving me nuts to get in and start driving and get the big ugly "Check DIC" light. Ugh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Re: New brain wracking symptom...

Try this:

Some owners may bring their vehicles in for service with an illuminated service suspension light. The service suspension indicator lamp is telling the owner that the vehicle is due for strut/shock replacement, a maintenance item. The customer may elect to have passive struts installed in their vehicles due to the repair cost savings and/or parts availability. The installation of passive shock/struts will result in handling characteristics which are the equal to a like vehicle without the computer controlled ride, with all other components such as tires, tire pressure, springs, etc. being equal. The installation of (4) new passive struts will cause the continued illumination of the service suspension indicator. If desired by the customer, the service indicator may be disabled AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF THE (4) NEW PASSIVE STRUTS, using the appropriate service procedure listed below. This bulletin DOES NOT authorize this procedure unless (4) NEW PASSIVE STRUTS WERE INSTALLED ON THE VEHICLE.
    The wiring harness going to each strut and or chock assembly should be cut and taped back to clean-up the appearance both under the hood and under the vehicle. In addition, each specific vehicle will require a modification as outlined below:

1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected. Advise the customer they will have to reset all radio stations and clock.

Holy crap!!! Thanks for all that info. I appreciate it! Guys as far as my miss/power fading in/out goes, it's gone. I replaced all 8 injectors and rail with a junkyard one that was just under 100,000 miles. It runs absolutely perfect now, thanks!

HUF, I'm going to print this thread and try that today. I appreciate all that info in it's entirety, that warning is getting annoying. While I'm at it, how do I reset the Change Engine Oil one too? I changed tghe oil 300 miles ago.

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by wikked_magick45 View Post
    HUF, I'm going to print this thread and try that today. I appreciate all that info in it's entirety, that warning is getting annoying. While I'm at it, how do I reset the Change Engine Oil one too? I changed tghe oil 300 miles ago.
    Press ENG DATA sveral times until you see oil life in numbers. Must be less than 10 if you see the warning. While holding ENG DATA down (you probably cannot do that right away, so try again) press RANGE (as far as I remember it is the correct button) till the number turns 100. I'll check it out later since the owner manual is in the car and it is raining heavily.

awadecki is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)

HUF:

Will that procedure work for a 1992 Seville STS with CCR? My car has passive Delco struts installed, so I get that message too. I realize it's a different car, but maybe the same system?

NickySantoro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles

Quote Originally Posted by awadecki View Post
    HUF:

Will that procedure work for a 1992 Seville STS with CCR? My car has passive Delco struts installed, so I get that message too. I realize it's a different car, but maybe the same system?
    The following applies to your Seville....

• 1993 Eldorado and Seville with Speed Sensitive Suspension and 4.9L Engine Only: Refer to page 8A-43-6 in the 1992 Eldorado Seville Service Manual.
      • Cut Circuit 1020 (PINK)
      • Attach the IPC side of circuit 1020 to relay pin 87A
      • Attach the module side of circuit 1020 to relay pin 86
      • Run a ground wire to relay pin 30
      • Run a wire from a switched ignition (hot in run) source to relay pin 85.
    • The following part numbers are required to make the correction on the 1993 Eldorado/Seville and the 1994-1995 DeVille:
    Part Number
    Description
    Qty
    Relay
    Connector

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.