Code Analyzer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Code Analyzer in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I don't really know were this would go so I'll just post it here. I've noticed that a lot of ...
    Chicano-Mexicano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldorado Sports Coupe

Code Analyzer

I don't really know were this would go so I'll just post it here.

I've noticed that a lot of the members hear are posting Codes that their engine is giving them and I was wondering are you guys taking it to the dealer and having them analyzed or do you have your own personal Cadillac code analyzer and If it's the latter then were would one procure one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ehall is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

Re: Code Analyzer

The on-board diagnostics will display the OBDI codes, and it also has the ability to monitor certain operational readings such as engine coolant temperature and whatnot. You need to get a factory service manual (either from eBay or from http://www.helminc.com) to fully take advantage of the features, and an FSM is a good thing to own anyway.

tco43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you "Google" GM diagnostic codes, you will find many sites to interpret the codes that Cadillacs will display in their instrument panel. Both OBD1 (1995 and older) and OBD2 (1996 to present) are available. There are a number of threads in these forums to help in accessing the codes from your Cadillac.

Happy reading!!!

ehall is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

That's all true for the error codes, but if you want to monitor real-time stats you pretty much need an FSM to know how to get to the one you want.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.