1992 Cadillac STS 4.9L Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 1992 Cadillac STS 4.9L Issues in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a 92 STS That says its running 2 codes IO39 And IO34 IO39 Loss of RoadSending suspension Data ...
    frizz3333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Smile 1992 Cadillac STS 4.9L Issues

I have a 92 STS That says its running 2 codes IO39 And IO34

IO39 Loss of RoadSending suspension Data

IO34 Loss of Power Train Control Module

The Car at start up runs fine lots of power then after a little while the service engine light comes on Speedo stops working But the RPM Gauge still functions the avrage mile light to the left will flat line and the car will loose its throttle power (unless manuelly put into low gear) also feels to missfire. I pluged in the OBD1 OBD2 and it says it cant get a reading from the car check conections but when i check by holding the off hot and cold buttons i get those errors. Is it just a replace PCM job or is there more to it also could the IO39 Play a factor. Thank you so much and I hope this is the right spot for this thread even though its a older sts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

awadecki is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)

Re: 1992 Cadillac STS 4.9L Issues

Sounds like a PCM issue, especially if the cluster goes dead.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.