Urgent Help W/engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Urgent Help W/engine in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Folks i need a favor please. Here is the short story, i have a mother-in-law who is 80 years old ...
    r23k4u is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Urgent Help W/engine

Folks i need a favor please. Here is the short story, i have a mother-in-law who is 80 years old and she has been driving her caddy for 20 plus years and she threw a rod, etc and i want to buy her an engine and not an expensive on because sh will not be driving but a few more years.

I need to do this right so i will accept any advice or sites to research. i have done a lot of research but no luck or way to expensive. i need under 1200.00 and my god the car is only worth 1500. thanks.

IT IS A 1984 CADILLAC DEVILLE- 4.1 (HT 4100) V8. AUTOMATIC, 252 SIXE I THINK.

I APPREICATE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO. I WILL OWE YOU GUYS ANY FAVORS TOO. PEACE!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

Re: Urgent Help W/engine

You might want to try http://remanufactured.com/Cadillac_Engines.htm they have some remans for less than $2k, but then you will need to have it shipped and installed. I don't know anybody that uses them and this is not an endorsement.

A Jasper reman will cost about $2k and another $2k in installation costs.

You might be able to find one at a junkyard but then you are buying a real mystery motor. That may be what you want to do for your granny considering that it might only need a couple of years.

Frankly you are probably going to be better off buying a replacement Cadillac, and letting her drive it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.