Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 85 Seville 4.1 Knocking?

1BURBAN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SEVILLE (85)

85 Seville 4.1 Knocking?

As stated I have a 85 seville with a 4.1 (34000 mi). The problem is that after a long drive at interstate speed the motor sound like it has a knock coming from the front drivers side of the motor. I suspected the vacume pump so I removed it after driving the car long enough to get it to make the knocking sound. that stoped it. So I put the new vac. pump on then a couple days later after driving at highway speed it started knocking agian.If I let it sit for a while it wont do it and it won't do it on short trips or if my avg. speed is below 55mph or so. I am suspecting the p/s pump maybe? any one heard of or had this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

awadecki is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)

Re: 85 Seville 4.1 Knocking?

Never heard of it, but the best way to diagnose it would simply be to remove the accessory drive belts one at a time when hot to try and isolate the problem.