need help concerning tune up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, need help concerning tune up in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i have a 1983 cadillac coupe deville and i have had two people look at my car and say i ...
    83deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1983 cadillac coupe deville

need help concerning tune up

i have a 1983 cadillac coupe deville and i have had two people look at my car and say i need a complete tune up. I have had the car for two years and think i am do for a tune up anyway. It has a ht4100 digital fuel injection engine. The question i have is what all do i need to replace and how much does a tune up usually run. And what else should i get checked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ehall is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1985 Sedan DeVille

Re: need help concerning tune up

At a minimum you want them to replace fluids, filters, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and then also have them degunk the valves from the top, clean your fuel injection system, etc. Ask them to check the timing, pressure test for leaks, etc. They may also need to replace stuff like valve cover gaskets and vacuum tubes.

Most of this stuff is no trouble but the plugs are hard to reach and the plug wires can be pretty expensive. Expect to spend a few hundred bucks for it. I dropped $900 on my last one, which included all of the above plus some minor repairs like vacuum tubes (this is excluding the actual repairs that I took it in for, which was another $600).

Don't buy the deluxe package with everything (timing belt, etc), unless you know you actually need it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.