e44 o2 error
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, e44 o2 error in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi, Okay, I bought a 85 fleetwood 4.1, it wasn't holding a charge and was giving me the error for ...
    firezone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood FWD V8

e44 o2 error

Hi,

Okay, I bought a 85 fleetwood 4.1, it wasn't holding a charge and was giving me the error for generator problems, we changed the battery and the alternator and that fixed that but now it's giving me e44 error (which is wasn't before changing the alternator). From what I've found this is my o2 sensor saying I am running to lean..... can anyone tell me what sorts of things can cause this? Since it's new since I put in the new alt I thought maybe it may be I connected a ground wrong or something but I don;t know if that can even cause this error or if that is just coincidence..... I am not good with cars so I will need baby talk for what all I may be able to do to fix this.

Thanks a ton to all who answer

Tasha

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Re: e44 o2 error

Try clearing the codes first, and see if it returns. Most likely just an o2 sensor - easy fix.

Clear codes: run diagnostics. From .7.0 press OFF and LO until E.0.0, then release. Press OFF and HI to clear F codes.

Thank you, I will try this. I have changed o2 sensors before when I had a reliant k-car that the sensor would blow every 2 weeks lol. If it is just that then I can do it, if it's something more technical then I will be lost...so lets hope! I can do things like spark plugs, air filters ect but past that I fear I am pretty useless in my knowledge hahahaha.
    Because I am a mom of 4 and not a mechanic I have only normal household tools. However, I do have an o2 socket.

First I will try clearing the codes and see. I will have to do a bit of driving around first since this car takes about 20 minutes on the highway (I don't live in the city) before it starts to flick on and off the "service now" light and thats usually when I can pull a code after I've cleared them is once that light has flickered on and off again for the first time since clearing them. It's perfect timing though because I'm going into town tomorrow so I can reset before I leave and check codes when I get back home.

Thank you. I will keep you updated on my findings
    Tasha

Yup, the code returns. I suppose my next step will be to try changing the sensor. I'll tell you how that goes, it may take me a while before I am able to do it but I'll be sure to keep posting my progress and any other questions

Thank You a Ton!
    Tasha

aaronrus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

if its a lean engine code, i doubt its a bad O2 sensor but fi it is the original sensor, then the sensor is probbaly bad anyways

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.