What does this code mean?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, What does this code mean? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My A/C is working fine right now, after I just got it fixed, but even when properly working, the Service ...
    twitt11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

What does this code mean?

My A/C is working fine right now, after I just got it fixed, but even when properly working, the Service Air Cond. light occasionally comes on. Now that I just got it fixed and hadn't seen it for a while, it didn't bother me, but it came up again today... I checked the codes and the only one that came up was E.9.5, which under the Codes thread for the 4.5L engine, that code isn't listed... so does anyone know how to find out what that code means?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: What does this code mean?

If the message comes on, there's an issue with either the amount of freon: too low or too much or the electric fans are coming on late or not turning fast enough. Fill out your profile so we all know year and type of Cad. Thanks. Being low even 3 to 5 ounces will turn on the message.

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

I dont think e.9.5 is a code, I think that is the override for the fans. Push off/warmer and wait for it to finish, then press econ t display e.9.5. then Hi and Lo to override the fans. IF that doesnt work then you have a problem somewhere like mine.

willkil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Deville

E.9.5 indicates an intermediate node on the diagnostic decision tree. From the service manual page 6E-7: " After .7.0 is displayed on the FDC, the PCM Output Cycling test can be initiated by depressing the HI button ... the FDC will [then] Display E.9.5. At this time the HI and LO buttons can be used to select a specific output test"; and "After .7.0 is displayed ... the PCM Override tests can be intitiated by depressing the HI button ... the FDC will [then] display E.9.5, at this time depress the ECON and WARMER buttons on the ECC panel simultaneously. E.5.0 will be displayed. The HI and LO can be used to select a specific override."

Since I'm leaving some out, it's basically this:

PCM Output Cycling:
    .7.0 -> press HI -> E.9.5 -> press HI/LO to select a specific output test

or

PCM Overrides:
    .7.0 -> press HI -> E.9.5 -> press econ & warmer -> E.5.0

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by twitt11 View Post
    My A/C is working fine right now, after I just got it fixed, but even when properly working, the Service Air Cond. light occasionally comes on. Now that I just got it fixed and hadn't seen it for a while, it didn't bother me, but it came up again today... I checked the codes and the only one that came up was E.9.5, which under the Codes thread for the 4.5L engine, that code isn't listed... so does anyone know how to find out what that code means?
    Thanks.
    willkill is right about E.9.5 - it's not a code, it's the entry point for other data available from the onboard computers.

If your R134 is low you'd be getting an F46, F47, or F48 code. The Service A/C light is triggered by pressure switches in the low and high pressure A/C lines. My guess would be a faulty switch or loose or corroded connector.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.