Voltage out of range(E16), BBOB??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Voltage out of range(E16), BBOB?? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; what exactly does this error code mean?? bad battery??? i haven't experienced any common symptoms of alternator going. but i ...
    inmycadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Luxury II-?, 98 Eldorado-Crimson Pearl

Voltage out of range(E16), BBOB??

what exactly does this error code mean?? bad battery??? i haven't experienced any common symptoms of alternator going. but i have had some problems with drain on electrical somewhere. sometimes its dead w/in 5 mins after shutoff and other times it can sit for 2 days and be dead and other times no problem. i do have a major ps pressure line leak that has saturated the belt and pulleys and battery cables, that's prolly the problem, huh. not getting good connection at terminals and combo of belt slipping from the wetness?? cuz when it decides not to start it turns over but then slowly loses motivation like the alternator isn't turning and if i hold the key in start it will eventually start, i usually dont do that but tried it once. oh yeah, and if i use the retained accessory power for any more than 10 secs., its dead. stalled me in the auto car wash once!!!!

i'm fixing the ps problem on Tues, then washing all the fluid off that side of the engine. i guess then i'll know whats up. the battery is at least 3 years old at has seen some extremely cold temps(-50) for three straight winters and was one time froze cuz i let a woman park it and she pulled the light switch instead of letting sentinel takeover and of course, she forgot to push the knob back in. so, yeah, i've pretty much answered my own questions: fix the ps leak, clean that area, change the belt, and new battery. Right?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Voltage out of range(E16), BBOB??

Quote Originally Posted by inmycadillac
    what exactly does this error code mean?? bad battery??? i haven't experienced any common symptoms of alternator going. but i have had some problems with drain on electrical somewhere. sometimes its dead w/in 5 mins after shutoff and other times it can sit for 2 days and be dead and other times no problem. i do have a major ps pressure line leak that has saturated the belt and pulleys and battery cables, that's prolly the problem, huh. not getting good connection at terminals and combo of belt slipping from the wetness?? cuz when it decides not to start it turns over but then slowly loses motivation like the alternator isn't turning and if i hold the key in start it will eventually start, i usually dont do that but tried it once. oh yeah, and if i use the retained accessory power for any more than 10 secs., its dead. stalled me in the auto car wash once!!!!

i'm fixing the ps problem on Tues, then washing all the fluid off that side of the engine. i guess then i'll know whats up. the battery is at least 3 years old at has seen some extremely cold temps(-50) for three straight winters and was one time froze cuz i let a woman park it and she pulled the light switch instead of letting sentinel takeover and of course, she forgot to push the knob back in. so, yeah, i've pretty much answered my own questions: fix the ps leak, clean that area, change the belt, and new battery. Right?!

Uh.....right...!!! You would have to do exactly what you said to start with anyway before looking at the generator.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.